Part 6: Drunk Confession

Phoenix was asleep in his room, his face was sweating and he looked uncomfortable. His mind was locked in a dream he had been having for weeks. He was sitting on the floor, the entire base around him was in flames. The rooms around him were full of smoke and not much could be seen. He woke up and sat up in his bed. He wiped the sweat off his face and breathed slowly. How come i havent gotten used to it yet..? Probably because this was triggered by yesterday. He slipped on a shirt and walked into the hallway. Sova and Sage were both sitting on the couch with, talking over two cups of tea. He looked over at Phoenix who to his eyes, looked restless and really tired.

"You alright Phoenix?" He stretched and sat on the other couch across from them. "Yeah, im good." Sage frowned a little. "I can tell somethings bothering you. You dont seem like yourself today." Sova tilted his head. "Is it because of what happened with Jett?" He scoffed and shook his head. "Nah of course not. Its not like i meant to hurt her. She understands that." He leaned his head back on the couch. Sage smiled. "You know you could just check on her if it'll make you feel better. Though shes completely fine, you know her, shes tough even over the smallest things." He smiled and chuckled a bit. "Thanks for reminding me. But i dont think she'd just let me walk into her room uninvited." Viper then came out of the kitchen with a tray of food.

"Well if you need a reason to get into her room, here." she handed him Jetts breakfast. "Her breakfast? Why? you hate bringing it or something?" He asked curiously. "Well, you get an excuse to walk into your cheeky girlfriends room and i get to avoid her trash talk about my cooking. A win for me, maybe a pillow to the face for you." She walked back into the kitchen as she answered. Phoenix shrugged holding the food.

"Seems fair enough. Wait- shes not my-"

"Get on with it before the food gets cold! Dumbass." She yelled at him. Sage and Sova both laughed, Phoenix laughed as well, though it was mixed in with a bit of embarrassment. He walked down the hall to jetts room, knocking on the door. "Yo Jett, its me." He twisted the doorknob. Its unlocked..? He opened the door and walked in her room. "Im coming in.." He looked up to see Jett asleep on her bed. His expression somewhat relaxed, and he smile a bit. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. And, cute even. He shook his head. Blushing a little. What the hell, thats not what im here for.. He sat the plate of food on her dresser next to her bed and walked over to her, looking at her. Should i wake her up..? Tch. Shes better when she can't yell at me. He chuckled. She started to move around, mumbling a little. He stepped closer and went to tap her to wake her up. She started mumbling again. "Nghh- Phoenix.." He looked confused and started to answer. "U-uh.. Yeah its me?" He stooped down to look at her, though she was still asleep. She turned back over, now facing him. He grinned at what he heard. Is she.. Dreamin' about me? She started mumbling again. "You idiot.." Yep, thats me alright. He tapped her again. "Jett, wake up.." She squirmed around. "A-Another kiss.." He heard her mumble, blushing a bit. Might get a punch in the face but.. Might as well if shes dreaming about it. He slightly laughed to himself. He got closer to her, moving her hair from out of her face, then kissed her forehead. She moved a bit more, he assumed she was starting to wake up. He kissed her again on the cheek, in which when he opened his eyes to look at her again he found her blue eyes staring angrily right back at him. "Uh.. Good morning-!" He backed up, already preparing for anything she wanted to hit him with.

"Phoenix what the hell are you doing in my room!?" She yelled in embarrassment and her face was pink. She sat up in bed with the blanket over her body as she only had her bra on, in which he hadnt even noticed until now. "Hey relax! Im bringing you your breakfast! Viper does this all the time doesn't she?!" She continued to yell at him. "Yeah! Well Viper isnt you! What the hell were you doing!?" He grinned nervously. "You were talking in your sleep. Dreaming about me are we?" He teased her. She glared and looked off, very embarrassed, not saying anything. he smiled softly. "Aw, no need to be embarrassed. Im flattered that you think of me." He blushed and smirked. She held a pillow in her lap and rested her chin on it, still blushing, yet she looked pissed. "If i leave and let you, yknow get dressed- will you still be mad?" She threw the pillow at him. He nearly dodged it and laughed, walking towards the door. "Alright alright!! Im going!" he closed the door. She watched him leave. the moment he closed the door she flopped backwards on her bed and groaned in relief. Ughhh! I hate living with this idiot..! She smiled, laughing a little.