Chapter 2

While Adora was sitting in her room and all packed, she thought that something was sus with King Harrow. So she decided to sneak into Callum's and Ezran's room.

"Pssst!"

"Ezran I am sorry for what I said- Ezran?"

"Pssssst!"

"Ezran, where did you go?!" Questions the prince.

"Callum!!" The elf screamed.

"Ow!" Yelps the brunette while he hits his head to the little door for Bait.

"What the heck Cal? Are you trying to get Bait's place or something?" Asked Adora, kind of suspicious.

"Ezran is 100% here! Haha, right, Ez?" Said the human nervously.

"Ezran is there?"

"Yes, of course! Hah!"

"Well, hello Ezran!" She greeted. "And Callum, we need to talk."

"About what?" asked the brother while taking out his head from the little door.

"Dad is suspicious...why would he send us to the winter lodge if it is spring?"

"Hmm, I don't know...maybe because assassins come tonight to kill him?!"

"What?!"

"Wait...you didn't know?"

"No. What kind of assassins are coming?"

"Uh...well-"

"Moonshadow elves. Aren't they?" Mumbled the princess, while she looked at the floor.

"Adora...I am so sorry. I didn't wanna tell you because-"

"I hate them. I hate them so much."

"I know. And I am so sorry Adora...And I know this is obviously not the right moment, but you need to know that you are a-"

"I am not. I was four years old when I was adopted from that forest and I don't know anything about them. I am not one of them. I will never be."

"Yeah, you are right."

"Wait- what?"

"You are not one of them, Adora. You are like us! But with horns! You don't have the cheek marks so you are not officially a Moonshadow elf! I read a book about them, and say that after you are three years old, you get your marks on your cheeks! They say that everyone has a different design that the moon water chooses. You get in the water, and your cheeks are going to start glowing a light blue in different details and lines! That means that the moon has chosen what your marks are going to look like. And then an elf you choose can draw them, but you need to choose a very special one because is a very important tradition."

(A/N: Here's a drawing I made with the cheek marks! Also, some elves can get a mark on their forehead too or only on their forehead! :D )