Chapter 13

Lots of snow. Cold. High. Walking. Cold feet. Cold ears.

That's all could Adora really think of at this moment.

They were all walking once again up the mountain, but this time everything was covered in snow. And she surely hated one thing. Can you guess what it is?

Yeah, being cold.

Callum's jacket helped her a bit, but she still would do anything to stay near a fireplace at this moment, drinking a big mug of hot cocoa. Oh hell yeah, staying on the living room's comfy, almost non-realistically soft carpet while eating cloud-soft french toast and a perfect temperature warm soup. Nothing is ever better than that. She could literally argue with anyone just to prove her point. And she was truly meaning it.

Her thoughts were shortly interrupted by her little brother's voice, behind her.

"Rayla, can you slow down? It's getting a little tricky." Ezran said, needing to raise his legs every time he stepped, the snow now reaching his knees. The sister offered him a hand and tossed him up in her arms. Now Callum was carrying both his and his sister's bags since she was carrying the younger prince.

"Rals, come on!" The princess said, The ex-assassin being a bit ahead of them. "You're the one who made us take this painful, cold, non-merciful and simply insane route. Cut us some slack and let us rest!"

"Or at least let us keep up with you." The older brother added.

Ez plopped down his head on her sister's shoulder. "I just need to put this down a second and catch my breath." He closed his eyes as Adora took off his backpack and put it on her back.

The violet-eyed climbed up on a higher piece of snow, looking down at the siblings. "First of all, don't call me 'Rals'. " Rayla narrowed. "Second: There is a solution, you know. You can just let me carry the egg."

The middle sibling gave the little boy and dragon prince to the oldest, then followed the other female teenager on the rock, climbing with ease.

"You realize that I could just take it, right?" The Sword Girl complained. "I could just take it from you any time I wanted. "

"Best argument I ever heard, Rayla. Very convincing." Addie crossed her arms, deadpanning.

"But I don't! That's the point!"

"You're acting like you haven't ever tried to force us to give you the goddamn egg! It hasn't even been close to a week since we ran away. What do you expect? Tossing you the dragon prince every time you feel like it?" She put her hands on her hips. Her patience was running out. And that didn't mean good. "Not to mention the part where you've threatened us and forced us to give you it. What do you expect us to say? "Oh thank you mysterious yet awesome elf girl! You're our hero!" ? Get some grip on yourself!" The furious voice echoed, making the snow on the mountain above them create a small crack.

"I could take it! I could return it to Xadia on my own-"

The fissures were spreading with every single loud word that escaped Rayla's lips, not without getting observed by the two brothers.

"Uh..." The small boy interrupted, followed by his older brother. "Girls..." They both joined on the rock.

"Guys...You need to keep it down..." The youngest sibling added quietly, yet nobody heard.

"Come on Ad, Rayla, let's calm down-" The same treatment for the oldest.

"And as a matter of fact, I WOULD have been a hero, and I WOULD have been awesome!" The Moonshadow-marked elf complained.