Chapter 16

"Just walking into town, without a care in the world despite my sub-century life expectancy." Human Rayla said with an accent, tossing hers and Adora's linked hands up and down.

In the village, people were outside spending quality time with their families and friends. Even though in the town there wasn't as much snow as before, it was still cold. The group was now walking straight ahead in the village, the boys in the front and the girls behind.

"Shh!" Callum sternly interrupted.

"That's the spirit!" Ezran cheerfully encouraged.

"Wow. Even though I've grown up with humans and I am one, I don't know why I feel so much adrenaline right now. It's exciting but terrifying at the same time!"

The fellow elf cut in. "You're no-"

"I am! When will you understand that I've always been?" The sister frowned.

"Right, human. My apologies." The lavender-eyed dead-panned.

While turning a corner, they abruptly stopped. They got into the center of the town, where there was a fountain with a guy standing on it in the middle along with a big crowd circling him. "I defended the border against all manners of horrors and monstrosities. Things you can't even imagine. There's nothing I fear now." The blond man with a mustache talked, while the quadruple blended into the public. "In fact, I wager I could defeat any challenger here, with nothing but my dagger!" The people gasped, even the teenagers and the little prince.

He jumped off the side of the fountain, pointing straight at a boy with dark hair and obsidian eyes with a warmer skin tone who was in the first row. "What about you?"

The said guy cleared his throat smugly and lifted his sleeves, ready to throw a fight until a woman from behind caught him by the back of his clothing and dragged him out.

The crowd applauded and the cocky male pointed his finger guns against his forehead in thought. "Maybe...you!" He gazed at the shoulder-length-haired elf. The whole team was shocked.

"Be fucking for real." Adora's right eye twitched.

Thankfully, he was interrupted by the crowd gasping once again and by an enormous man behind him who darkly chuckled. He rapidly took out a gigantic blade right next to his side, and when it touched the ground it made a loud clinking sound. "This isn't even my biggest sword." He threatened with a deep voice.

"Ooh! I'll take that bet!" A lady raised from her pocket a small pouch of gold.

A man in public raised his hand with another satchel of coins. "My money on the big guy!"

"Mine, too!" Another one yelled, along with many others.

The blond and confident human half took his sword out of its sheath, where the whole blade was glowing like it was still freshly forged. Rayla's grip on the blue-tipped hardened for a second only, making her raise an eyebrow.

"They're distracted. Let's go." Callum said, grabbing the wannabe assassin's arm. "Wait, you'll want to see this." She told.

The massive warrior threw his sword in an attempt to hurt the rival, but he dodged, jumping. He now fully took out his dagger, blazing in the sun making the crowd exclaim furthermore.

The siblings looked at the cheek-marked elf with surprise, while she just smiled.

The blond guy leaped over the enemy's tremendous weapon and smoothly cut the tip with his magic dagger. When the immense man came from behind to raid likewise, the one with a blond mustache cut the blade once more, and more. Be abruptly stopped when the taller male pointed his now fully cut sword at his face, but since it was very short, it didn't hurt him in any sort of way. "Well...I certainly hope that wasn't your biggest sword."