Chapter 2

It had been a few days since Logan's parents had agreed to help him with the lessons. Fay had already found a part time job for Logan to get an interview for and the two of the wrote out Logan's CV.

Today was the day Logan had to go to the interview. The job was just for simply stacking shelves in your local superstore as per usual. This one paid well and was also close. It's things like these that Logan is reminded why Fay manages most of the buisnessy type things in the business.

Logan was anxious for it, mainly because his social skills are the worst. Vix had driven him to the property where they would do the interviews. Luckily she was allowed in to wait with Logan.

There were other people there. Most were older than him, some were the same age but very few of them were younger than him.

Sitting down vaguely nearby the others, but not close enough for them to strike up a conversation, Logan and Vix sat down. "It'll be okay Pumpkin," She told her son as she held his shoulder and brought him closer to her, "Even if you don't get the job, we'll help you find another job,"

Nodding along, he put his arm around Vix as well for a moment before they parted. "Either way, me, Eli and Fay have your back," She told him, giving a comforting smile at him.

"Logan Hearthworth?" The interviewer called from an attached room.

"Wish me luck," Logan said as Vix smiled, waving him off.

~~~

After about 10 minutes, Logan and Vix were finally allowed to leave. The interviewers said they'd call him if he got the job or not. It seemed like they were decently happy with him. At least that's how it appeared.

Who knows what interviewers are thinking?

"Come on Pumpkin, let's go home, Eli is making his famous spicy chicken wraps," Vix said poking Logan in the side as they walked to the car.

The car ride was quiet as always, the silence was a comfortable one. Logan had done the best he could have and that was enough, his parents were proud of him either way. All of them couldn't ask for a better son. They couldn't express that enough to him, they just loved him so much.

Driving past their house, Logan frowned as he looked at it going past the window, "Mom, we've missed the house," Logan said, pointing to where the house was in his window. Well, where it was before they drove past it.

Abruptly, Vix ignored Logan's comment before speaking, "Did you know I used to play guitar when I was younger?" She told him as they drove into town.

Logan raised an eyebrow, curious of where Vix was going both physically and metaphorically. "Your grandfather enjoyed playing a lot and even taught it to me, he showed me music stores, even brought me to concerts," She stated. "Your grandfather was a musician you know? Wasn't sucessful or anything though,"

Still looking at Vix, Logan had no clue where they were going. Until it hit him, "We're going to a music store?" The look of realisation was adorably happy as he figured it out. It was many of the cute things that Logan did.

"Yep Pumpkin, can't do guitar without a guitar can you?" She said.

~~~

Parking the car, Vix got a ticket so he wouldn't get finned and then they went off. "Would you like some lunch while we're here?" She asked hearing the faint sound of Logan's stomach rumbling. It was around the time of lunch.

As Logan nodded, Vix began to navigate them both towards the nearest Gregg's to get some sausage rolls and perhaps something sweet like a donut.

The line was the same length as usual, not too busy, not too empty. It gave the two time to think about what sweet treat they wanted with their lunch and a drink from the freezer to the side of the queue.