Zak

Y/N

It was the morning after lockdown and you were carrying equipment to the service lift in the hotel the guys had been investigating so Jay could load the van outback. You walk into the ballroom to pick up the last camera only to jump seeing Zak flirting with one of the hotel staff he'd interviewed yesterday.

'Oh shit, sorry, I'm here for the camera,' you mumble, keeping your head down low.

You grab the camera and make a beeline out of the room. It wasn't that you were a prude, but you and Zak had hooked up a few times until you grew sick of being another piece on the side and called it off. Zak couldn't fire you because a) the network loved you and b) he couldn't risk losing Aaron who was your twin. Zak had taken to annoying you, trying to get under your skin and had come close a few times to break you. He'd started off all friendly, but the second you bruised his ego you were prime target number one.

You put the camera down in the lift next to some other equipment and go to pull the shutter down when you see Zak coming towards you. As much as you wanted to leave without him you couldn't.

'Were you jealous back there y/n?' Zak sniggers, closing the lift shutters and presses the basement button.

You bite your lip, 'not really, I mean yes she's pretty if you like plastic surgery, fake tan and a bad bleach job. Jay asked me to grab all the cameras and I did apologise for interrupting.'

Before Zak can say something snarky the lift shudders, the light above flickers before it comes to a complete stop. You grip onto the bar to keep yourself upright and take a few deep breaths.

'For the record, I blame you for getting us trapped in here y/n,' Zak states, walking over to the assistance button.

You roll your eyes and grab your walkie talkie, 'real mature Zak.'

You hear static on the other end before your brother's voice comes through, sis, where are you? Have you seen Zak?'

'Yeah, I'm trapped in the service lift with the prince of darkness himself. Can you find someone to come and get us out,' you answer both his questions.

'Hang in tight,' Aaron responds before the walkie talkie dies.

You slide down the wall and decide to check the equipment in case any was damaged when the lift shuddered. It was one way to ignore Zak whose eyes were staring a hole in your skull. Luckily nothing seemed damaged.

Taking out your phone you see a message off Connor, the guy you'd gone on a couple of dates with asking how the lockdown went, and if you wanted to meet for coffee when back in Vegas.

'Is that the Connor guy Aaron talks about?' Zak asks.

You nod, 'Aaron's spoken about him, why? He's only met him once.'

Zak shrugs his shoulders, 'I think Aaron found out about our hookups because he made it clear Connor was good for you and I needed to stay away to give you a real shot at happiness.'

Your eyes widen at the thought of your brother knowing about you and Zak. Zak couldn't commit, but that didn't mean you regretted your time together, you just grew wary and decided to move on.

'I don't regret us, Zak, we did have some quite personal intimate moments, I just grew tired of waiting for something you can't give me. Don't listen to my brother, you also deserve happiness,' you speak up.

Zak smiles weakly, 'sorry if I've been a dick to you recently, you deserve someone who can give you a normal life. I always knew you were too good for me.'

You chuckle, 'if you could have given that to me Zak I would have stayed. Maybe we can go back to being equals and holding civil conversations.'

Zak nods, 'I'd like that very much, Miss Goodwin.'

Just then the lift comes back to life and since Zak was standing he falls forwards on top of you knocking the air out of your lungs.

'Geesh people think it's all muscle, but you've put on some weight Mr Bagans,' you mock, squirming beneath him.

Zak gets back to his feet and helps you up pouting, 'if you weren't good with cameras and Aaron's twin I'd have fired you for calling your boss fat.'

You roll your eyes and push him playfully, 'game on Zak.'