Nick

Y/N

October was a busy month for your husband Nick, being a paranormal investigator was tough work and long hours, so you liked to make sure he had a relaxing home to come back to after an investigation. This should have been the first Halloween Nick wasn't working, but last-minute plans took him away from you. You told him to go even though it made you sad. He wanted to help you hand out candy to the kids in preparation for when your child was older and could go trick or treating with their parents. You assured him that you and your unborn child would hand out candy and then snuggle on the sofa watching TV, a peaceful Halloween to what Nick had planned.

You might have gone overboard with buying candy, and after all the trick or treaters had come and gone you had a bag left with all your favourite chocolates in. Getting into cozy pj's with a blanket over you, and a bag of chocolates by your side was the ideal way to end this Halloween. Before you can open the bag your phone goes off with Nick's ringtone, which surprised you especially when you saw he wanted to facetime when he should be investigating.

You accept the call, holding the bag of chocolates grinning like an idiot, 'is it acceptable for me to buy a jumbo bag of chocolates and eat them myself while snuggled under a blanket watching tv? Asking for a friend.'

Nick's face appears on the screen smirking and shaking his head at your antics, 'you can eat as many as you like y/n and you'll still be beautiful to me.'

You blush, 'ah Nick so sweet, this is why I married you and let you get me pregnant.'

Nick gasps loudly, 'wow y/n go straight for the honesty. Did you get many trick or treaters?'

You nod, surprised how casual Nick sounded. The background was dark so you had no clue where he was, 'quite a few, got through one big bag of candy. The baby kicked when a kid dressed as a ghost came to the door, we might have a little investigator on our hands, Nick,' you gush.

Nick's eyes crinkle a little, a sign that he was upset, 'that's amazing, I wish I was there.'

You sigh, 'me too, how's the investigation going? You on a break?'

Nick shakes his head, 'what would you do if I showed up at the house right now?'

You hum and bite your lip, 'err let you eat as many chocolates as you want, why?'

You watch Nick's dark background light up, and you blink a couple of times before he smiles and hangs up.

'Happy Halloween y/n!' Nick's voice calls out behind you, making you jump.

'Nick!' you squeal, eyes wide in shock.

Nick was standing in the lounge doorway smirking at you. You had so many questions, but first, you get up and waddle over to him and hug him, 'what about the investigation?' you ask.

He kisses the top of your head before crouching down to kiss your baby bump, 'it got cancelled due to bad weather so I drove home as fast as I could to spend the last couple of hours of Halloween with you and our future ghost hunter as I promised.'

Still, in shock you let Nick guide you back to the sofa, where he takes his shoes off and joins you, putting the blanket back over you. This was the perfect way to end Halloween. However, your eyes wander to his hands which were reaching for chocolates and you pout remembering the promise you made him on the phone.

'Don't worry y/n, I'll leave you your favourites. I love you,' he hums, opening the bag.

You snuggle against him, I love you more, happy Halloween.'