Aaron (Request)

Y/N

It was your first Christmas with Aaron after agreeing to move in with him, and you couldn't be happier because as much as Halloween was your favourite holiday, Christmas also got you excited. It sucked that last minute that Aaron had to go on an investigation but a dream location had popped up and you convinced him it was okay for him to go because you loved how he lit up when he worked. The two of you were a very unlikely couple who under normal circumstances wouldn't have met, but when your friend dragged you to Zak Bagan's Haunted Museum as they had a spare ticket a chance encounter with Aaron who had been filming there changed both of your worlds. The two of you had the same personality and humour. You were a kindergarten teacher while Aaron investigated haunted locations, opposites really did attract.

After a month he introduced you to Zak, Billy and Jay who couldn't quite get their head around at first how someone like you who loved colour managed to coexist with Aaron who loved the colour black, but your humour and openness that you believed in the paranormal won them over pretty quickly.

Aaron's home had attachments who'd come back from locations with him, but you stood your ground much to Aaron's amazement stating that you weren't going anywhere and that if they wanted to communicate with you they could. You now felt a lot more at ease being left at the house alone, though sometimes the attachments could be as difficult as the kids you taught.

You wanted Aaron to come home and be able to relax and get in the Christmas spirit, so you'd taken it upon yourself to decorate the inside of the house. It wasn't over the top and you'd need Aaron to put the lights up outside, but you'd put lights, wreaths and tinsel and even a tree in the lounge. Now you were in the kitchen baking cookies and other treats.

AARON

I wanted to surprise y/n by coming home early so hadn't messaged them when we got back to Vegas. y/n loved Christmas and I wanted to make our first one together special after we'd moved in but work got in the way. y/n supported me one hundred percent and now I wanted to show them just how much they meant to me and how blessed I was to find someone to bring light into my darkness. At first, the guys freaked out when I showed them the ring, but I knew in my heart that y/n and I were destined to spend the rest of our days together.

I enter the house and am immediately taken aback by the Christmas decorations and lights y/n had put up while I was away. When I lived alone and came back close to Christmas I didn't have the energy to put anything up. Now walking down the hallway I could feel myself getting even more in the mood for the holiday. I stop by the kitchen door hearing Christmas songs playing and y/n singing along, no doubt also dancing around because they did it whenever they thought they were alone.

Opening the kitchen door I'm correct as y/n dances around the kitchen in their own little world singing along. The smell of freshly baked cookies reaches my nose and my mouth waters while my heart melts at just how lucky I was to finally have someone to come home to and spend the holidays with. I clear my throat and y/n jumps, nearly dropping a tray in the process they'd been carrying.

'Aaron!' they gasp loudly, 'why didn't you tell me you were on your way back?'

I laugh, 'can't I surprise the love of my life?'

y/n snorts and puts the tray down on the side before running at me, and I catch them as they jump up and wrap their legs around my waist, 'you can without giving me a heart attack. I'll haunt your ass worse than any spirit Mr Goodwin.'

I lean down and peck their nose making them blush, 'you can haunt my ass any day y/n, I'll be able to tell people my ghost girl is fit.'

y/n playfully slaps my chest, 'if you didn't have your humour Goodwin we'd be in trouble.'

It was now my turn to gasp before wiggling my eyebrows, 'you don't think I'm a total hottie?'

y/n gets off me and smirks before reaching around and slaps my ass, 'with an ass like that I don't need to look at your face. Till death do us part.'

As they walk away to check on the oven I take the ring out of my pocket and get down on one knee, 'how many we make till death do us part official y/n?'

y/n turns back around and their hand covers their mouth as their eyes widen, 'are you being serious Aaron?'

I nod, 'will you do the honour of marrying me y/n. We can then haunt the afterlife together.'

y/n nods, 'yes, I will marry you.'

I stand up and take the ring out of the box before slipping it onto y/n's finger, 'now what treats have you made me?'

y/n smiles, and looks down admiring the ring, 'you love food and I love to bake and cook, knock yourself out.'

I pick up a cookie and manage to capture y/n's attention away from the ring and take a big bite, 'I think you're the sweetest thing y/n.'