Zak (Request)

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR :)

ZAK

'Dude are you okay? What's wrong? Are you feeling ill?' Aaron asks, firing off question after question aimed at me from the passenger seat of my car.

Had my actions really been that noticeable? There was something wrong with me, I was conflicted about my feelings for one of my best friends. On the one hand, I wanted to confess, but on the other hand, I didn't want to ruin a good friendship. y/n l/n had been my best friend for over twenty years, I was in love with them, but with my infamous reputation was I really capable of love?

'I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you're thinking about y/n, and not just about the housewarming, but maybe how you're finally ready to confess your feelings,' Aaron speaks up since I was being silent.

I move my eyes from the road to Aaron, 'what do I do?'

Aaron grins, 'why the sudden urge?'

I sigh loudly, 'it's stupid. We both went to a family friends party the other week and y/n looked drop-dead gorgeous. Lots of men had their eyes on y/n and I was jealous. From that night I swore I'd be the only man romantically in y/n's life. They stayed by my side the whole night because the attention made them uncomfortable.'

Aaron hums to himself, 'dude I've never seen you this lovestruck before. If I was you I'd tell y/n how I feel. Trust your gut, do it tonight.'

I was still conflicted as we pull up outside y/n's new home. Aaron goes ahead of me leaving me to compose myself. I pick up my phone and smile at my lock screen because y/n had taken my phone the other week and changed the lock screen to be a goofy photo of them. Little things we did when together had people assuming we were together and neither of us denied it. I needed to find out if y/n's feelings were mutual.

Y/N

'Ash can I tell you something in private?' you ask your close friend, who detaches herself from Jay and shoos him out of the kitchen to mingle with the other guests.

You'd met Ash when she joined the Ghost Adventures crew as a photographer and you were the lead researcher and had bonded over a mutual love of photography. Ash jumps up onto the counter nearest to you.

'You can tell me anything y/n?' she answers.

You lean in towards her just in case anyone was eavesdropping and keep your voice low, 'the other week Zak and I went to a party and I don't know what overcame me but I found myself thinking about Zak as more than just friends. I've liked him for a while but that night cemented my true feelings. A lot of guys were eyeing me up and Zak shielded me from them.'

Ash giggles, 'you have it bad for Mr darkness himself. The two of you would be perfect together, you know each other, every dirty and dark little secret. Plus you can't deny that the two of you act like a couple in public. You two are the most oblivious people any of us know.'

You feel your cheeks burn at Ash's accusations and observations. You and Zak weren't subtle, but you put it down all these years to just being really close friends. Maybe Zak had similar feelings, Ash had pretty much told you so. Would this ruin your friendship? You had a lot to think over and a lot of drinks to help you work up some courage.

'The party can finally begin!' Aaron calls out cheerfully, entering the kitchen.

Ash rolls her eyes and gets off the counter to go and find Jay, 'the party began when I arrived Goodwin,' she snorts.

Aaron pouts like a child as Ash pushes past him playfully. You walk over to your friend and hug him, 'ignore her Aaron.'

Aaron hugs you back, 'this is why you're my favourite y/n.'

Zak clears his throat behind Aaron, 'I thought I was your favourite Aaron.'

Aaron jumps a little and pulls away from you, 'dude one day you're going to give me a heart attack. y/n is now my number one.'

Aaron reaches around you and grabs a beer from the cooler on top of the counter, pops the cap, and leaves the kitchen to find the others leaving you alone with Zak.

'Welcome to my humble abode Mr Bagans, make yourself at home.'

Zak smiles, 'oh you're going to regret that invite y/n. I'll have myself a spare key before the end of the party.'

You laugh, 'challenge accepted Bagans.'

TIME SKIP

ZAK

It was getting late, quite a few drinks had been drunk and jokes had been shared. Aaron suggested a game of truth or dare and like the big kids we all were, we said yes. Billy, his partner, Jay, Ash, Aaron and y/n sit down in the lounge while I sit down opposite y/n. We made the rule that if you refused to answer the truth you had to take a shot.

It didn't take people too long to refuse to answer truths, so shots were taken and even my head was starting to feel groggy, but I managed to keep my eyes on y/n the whole time while they never took their eyes off me.

After a shot, Billy spins the bottle and it lands on y/n who chooses dare. Billy rubs his hands together, sharing a look with the others around the circle like they were all in on something.

'y/n I dare you to kiss the person you have a crush on,' Billy states, words a little slurred.

y/n nods their head and gets up on their knees before leaning over the bottle in the middle and crashes their lips down on mine without any hesitation, taking not only me by surprise but the whole circle. I kiss y/n back, holding their chin in place not wanting to lose the taste of their lips, while our friends erupt into cheers around us.

Once y/n pulls away and sits back down in their spot I take a deep breath, 'y/n will you go out with me?'

y/n nods, 'yes I will.'

More cheers and congratulations erupt amongst the circle. I guess I had nothing to worry about, y/n felt the same way and had said yes to dating me. The game continues, before y/n excuses themselves and I follow after them into the kitchen.

y/n holds their hand out to me, and in their palm is a spare key, 'you won the challenge Bagans.'

I throw my head back and laugh, 'and I got the best prize of them all.'

y/n throws their arms around my shoulder and kisses me again, this was a feeling I could get very used to as I kiss them back. When everyone sobered up y/n and I would receive hell off our friends for taking out sweet time getting together.