To Mexico!!

Shane enjoyed flying, but only when he was in charge. He would've suggested they travel to Mexico separately, but he knew it wouldn't look great. So he went into the airport with the plane bound for their next location, contemplating his life choices. Ryan seemed nervous too, bouncing around like a kid and talking to the crew in awkward jump conversations. When they boarded the plane itself, Shane and Ryan sat next to each other, and were both given small cameras incase there was something film worthy. Ryan took the window seat, and immediately looked out the square window that showed the outside of the airport. They sat in front of the wing, which meant it would be quieter, and Shane found himself beginning to mimic Ryan's nervous energy. He bounced his leg. It's so loud in here... Shane thought to himself, but he knew good and well what was really happening. Higher demons have a pretty decent range of a telepathy, and even though Shane had essentially turned off his powers, his nervousness was allowing his telepathy to show through. This was gonna be one hell of a flight. He looked at Ryan, and tried to listen into his thoughts.
I wonder what Meixco will be like? I have never been out of the country before, much less even on a plane. I wonder if it's anything like that 80's movie... Ryan's thoughts jumbled into Shane's mind in what was practically word-vomit. He smiled, and bumped into Ryan's shoulder. His co-host tore his eyes away from where they had been plastered, and looked at Shane. The demon caught one last thought from Ryan before he manually muted his telepathy. At least Shane is here. Shane smiled at him, or his thoughts, at least.
"Hey man, you ever been on a plane before?" Shane asked, a chuckle escaping his lips.
"No, that obvious?"
"Just a bit, but no worries. They are really pretty easy. It's like a car."
"Cars have a very low possibility of falling out of the sky."
"True, but not zero" Shane teased. The both laughed for a moment. "Nah, planes aren't that bad. If you like a rollercoaster, you will like the takeoff and landings."
"Really?" Ryan gave Shane disbelieving look.
"You doubt me?" Shane said. "As someone who grew up having to drive on snow and ice, flying is nothing."
"What?" Ryan said, laughing.
Shane grinned. "I know you southern California folk don't get to deal with the cold, but out in good ol' Shawnburg Illinois, we deal with this all the time."
"Asshole." Ryan said simply, but Shane could see his nerves melting. The pilot came on the intercom, and talked to the plane. Shane tried to understand, but he swore that pilots tried to make their words as slurred as possible. He thought the name was either Phil or Bill or maybe Gill? He really didn't know. To be honest, his coffee from that morning was wearing off, and his head was beginning to hurt. The pilots voice, mixed in the intercom, drilled itself into Shane's sore head, and by the plane began to depart, Shane was ready to tear out the window Ryan was staring at, and fly there himself. Shane leaned back in his chair, his telepathy now in full force since he was fighting a headache. Cause that's what I need. Everyones' voices in my head as well as the pounding already there. Shane rubbed his eyes, it was gonna be a long flight.

••••••••••

The flight to Mexico had been a long one as predicted, and Shane was thankful to be done with it for a while. He and Ryan had gotten off the plane, and Shane had pulled out his camera to film Ryan as they walked out of the airport.
"So, we're in Mexico." Ryan told the camera. "So that's pretty cool. Uh, we don't have to go to our next horrible place until tomorrow, so I think we're gonna enjoy the city a bit tonight."
Shane turned off the recording, and ducked his head to avoid a low hanging sign. Ryan wheezed. The two walked out with their small camera crew, and got into a car to head to their hotel, where they checked in and set their stuff down. Shane carried both suitcases, which Ryan made protests about, but Ryan had to figure out where they were heading tonight, and Shane needed five minutes to drug himself with Benadryl. He lifted up Ryan's suitcase with ease, once his friends were out of sight of course. Shane carried the things to the room he and Ryan were sharing, and set it down to open the door. He dragged the stuff in, then, as soon as the door clicked behind him, Shane's more demonic attributes came out. His long wings stretched behind him, and his horns hung on his head like a crown. A comparison that Shane was not fond of. He picked up the bags, feeling energy begin to rush through him as if he had opened the flood gates, and carried them to the beds. Even though Shane's head was already beginning to feel better, he still pulled out his bottle of meds. The container shook, and the sound filled his ears, the noises amplified with Shane's true form visible. It covered his ears for a split second, and when the noise settled, Shane shivered a bit. Then he heard the sound of something hit the floor. Shane spun around to see TJ, who worked on the camera crew, standing in front of him, the camera he had been holding now laying on the floor. The man took a step backwards. Shane did too, startled for a moment, before they both leapt for the door. Shane got there first and put himself between TJ and his escape route.
"Let me explain."
"What the hell?" TJ said, pausing to look at Shane more closely.
"Don't tell Ryan."
"Seriously?"
"I'm not here to hurt anyone."
"Dude."
"I didn't know how to tell you guys, so I... uh, didn't."
"Shane." TJ said, and Shane realized he was rambling a bit. It wasn't like him.
"Yeah?"
"I honestly don't know what to fucking say."
"That's fair."
"Brent said you could be a dick...but I didn't know he meant a demonic one."
Shane chuckled, then paused. "You're handling this well."
"Well yeah. It's called fucking shock. Honestly, I just came down here to let you know Ryan wanted to go to the bar downtown, and that I wasn't interested in getting drunk."
"Changed your mind yet?"
"Yes."
"So..."
"I won't tell Ryan. Or the others. It's not my secret." TJ said, and took a cautious step forward, his hand reaching to brush against Shane's left wing. Shane folded it down to him, and the poor cameraman's eyes widened as his fingers made contact with the leathery feel. Muscles moving under a thin layer of skin. TJ looked from the wing back to Shane, just confirm they were attached to the same person, before stepping back and promptly sitting on the floor. Shane laughed for a moment, before a knock sounded on the door. Shane shifted back to his human form.
"What the fuuuckkk...." TJ said, his voice dazed. Shane shooed him off the floor and TJ grabbed his camera. Then Shane opened the door to see Ryan.
"What's taking you so long? You and TJ both not coming?"
"Nope, we are." Shane said, glancing back at TJ, who was staring intently at Shane's back. "Let's go."
TJ nodded, and pushed a jacket onto Shane's back. When the jacket hit his bare skin, Shane realized the wings had torn holes in his shirt. He thanked TJ telepathically, mainly to fuck with him, and TJ nodded, before it clicked and he sucked in a soft breath. Shane pulled his jacket on and followed a confused Ryan out the door. TJ followed close behind. Shane smiled, this did make things one hell of a lot easier, but maybe more fun too...