Chapter 05: Spirits all Over?!(05)

A/N: It's a bit long. haha. I hope you enjoy! I will be slowing the update after this. Gomen! Life is really difficult these days. Haay. I hope you all are healthy and safe!

Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN GHOST HUNT.

[Not Edited]

***

Mai returned to the base that afternoon and already saw Kuruda-san and the others discussing about who would try to exorcise next. John agreed to take a shot and changed on his attire while Mai and Bou-san arrange the camera and the monitors. Naru still isn't back and they didn't bother to ask permission from him for they believed that there are really spirits here.

"Heavenly Father, please allow us to worship you......"

"Hey, what is that?" Kuruda-san asked as she watch from the monitors, pointing at the water the exorcist is using.

"It is Holy Water." Mai just bluntly answered and switch the scene on the monitors. It is still on the same room but the angle covered much of the room. It is the room where the chair moved so they had placed three cameras in that room and it's pretty handy.

Mai suddenly heard a rapping sound as the priest continued his exorcism. The others seem to have not noticed so she turned the volume up for them to hear. The rapping sound continued as Mai reviewed the room from the monitors using all three cameras.

She quickly took the walkie-talkie on the table when she noticed where the sound is coming from. The others are confused by her reaction but they knew it wasn't good.

"John-san! Hurry up and leave the room now!! The ceiling is falling! John! Can you hear me?!" Mai hosted on the walkie-talkie as she ran towards the room where the priest is in.

Bou-san and Ayako immediately followed her after hearing her talk. They went downstairs and saw the priest already standing outside the room with the walkie-talkie in his hands.

A few seconds after seeing him, the ceiling suddenly collapsed as Mai predicted. A pile of woods gathered in front of the chalkboard where John stood just a while ago. Ayako checked the younger man and sighed when she found not injuries. Naru, who heard Mai talk on the walkie-talkie in his hand, also came rushing from the van and saw what happened.

"Oh my gosh!"

"What a disaster."

"If Mai-san didn't warned me, I would have been in serious trouble." John added as Naru inspect the rotten woods that had almost injured the priest.

"I think this is enough for the day. You should all go home. " Naru announced while getting up from his seat. His co-workers wonder why did he said it but complied to his instructions and went home. Of course, with Bou-san and Ayako bickering along the way and Kuruda-san running completely avoiding Mai.

Mai stood at the door and decided to got to the base. Naru saw her going upstairs and followed her.

"Why are you still not going home?" Naru asked her when he saw her reviewing the footages.

"I need to check something out." Mai answered as the monitor shows the video of the chair moving.

The camera moved just before the chair moved towards the center. The video is a bit static but Mai didn't fail to see how the camera moved downward. She didn't noticed it before when she repeatedly checked it this morning since she only focused on the footage of the chair moving.