Chapter Forty-two: Girls' Sleepover with Andre!

Andre came in by 8:30 when Marie was already on my neck asking if he would be back soon. Mom was in her parents' place. She was there most of the time now. It was so hard to balance looking for a new job, taking a new course, the family and Andre's new job.
            Marie was full of anticipation for Andre's return. I had given her a long grey skirt and sweater as we sat on the veranda waiting for Andre. I tried striking a conversation but she was only on the lookout for my brother. Seeing a girl act that way for my brother was cute and actually weird. I never had a celebrity crush except for Mark Ruffalo, ever since I saw him as the Hulk/Bruce Banner in The Avengers. My brother found it weird but I did not.
       'There! Andre's coming!' She said with so much excitement I did not realize because
I expected him to drive in.
        'Oh! Andre's coming!' Marie said. She raced into the house before I could even say anything.
           'Hey Andre....Where's your car?' I asked.
           'Broke down on the way. Had to take a bus....with Molly!' He said, surprisingly as Molly appeared from behind Andre!
             'Molly!' I screamed, jumping to give her a hug.
            'Oh my goodness Anna. Let me go now.' Molly said laughing hard, I could feel her body's vibrations.
            Molly was now out of rehab! Yay! Andre was still very excited even though he had walked home with her through the evening. I could feel a pack of perhaps candy in her back pocket. I quickly dipped my hand in and brought it out. I read out what it said; R.S. protective condom. Wow.
        'Give it back.' Molly said, taking it back forcefully.
        'Seriously? Already?' I looked at Andre but he looked away with a not so funny smile. I tried feeling his trousers for any more but he took my hands off. Marie came out of the house.
        'Yo! Mary!' Andre stretched out his hands for a hug like he knew Marie so well.
        'Yo, it's Marie.' Marie said rushing to give him a hug.
                      ********
     I think I would have felt better if I did not know my brother would be having sex with Molly through the night. It kept bringing images through my head.  I created an argument with Andre on the matter, "advising" him not to. But Andre claimed to be "deprived enough. What did he experience that one time that he wanted it again?
        'Let's play truth or dare.' Marie said. Truth or dare: a game I dreaded so much. I think it led to my first real kiss, which was not with the one I liked. Remember Jarvis? The second guy to like me? I am pretty proud of that, I mean some few years ago I was preparing to buy cats for my future sad life as a cat lady. But who knew Anna Kendell would have attracted three boys?
          'No!' I said.
          'We should play that game.' Andre said. 'I didn't get to play it at Jarvis's party.'
          'Cause you were busy.' I cut in, trying to annoy him. Molly darted her eyes at him, he must have told her.
                  ***********
          'Okay.' Marie said as she crossed her legs and sat on the floor with us. 'I'll go first. I'll ask Molly. Kay?'
             Molly agreed with a nod. She was really nervous about it and was acting like a child.
           'Fuck.... okay. But I'm not starting with a dare. Truth.' She said.
            'Hmmm. Molly...Have you ever had a Molly and did you ever think it sounded like your name.' Marie asked. I bust into laughter and so did Molly.
            'Well, funny story. I actually had a molly because I thought it sounded like my name.' Molly said. 'But I didn't like it's effects.' Molly said. She and Andre kept exchanging eye messages but I couldn't tell what they were. Through the game. I had to ask Andre a question and I was determined to create a little breach in their relationship.
          'So Andre, who has made a better girlfriend so far?' I asked. I knew it was Jenna. She was girlfriend material...if she had not broken Andre's heart that is.
          Everyone faced Andre.
      'Molly.' He said.
          'You liar!' I screamed. Andre got up with Molly.
         'It's getting late, I want to go sleep.' Andre said but I would not let him off that easy.
                      *********
       Andre and I were still arguing when you we heard the doorbell.  I went to get it but there were two police officers at the door. Oh no! They've come for my dear finger-dip! I thought.
       'Good evening.' The white one said.
        'Go-go___good evening.' I said.
         'Sorry. But this woman claims her daughter is here. Can you confirm that?' There really was a woman with them. An angry woman.
         'Dau.. daughter?' I stammered.
         'Yes.' The black officer said. He appeared to be more strict.
         'Em...' It was definitely Marie they were referring to. Molly's mother was not black and the woman was black. Andre came outside as soon as I was about to lie to the police.
       'Good evening.' Andre said calmly.
        'Oh no!' The woman screamed alarming everyone before she pushed her way into the house. The officers followed her while Andre tried to explain that barging into our house was totally wrong. The woman opened doors looking in perhaps looking for her daughter. We were all trying to stop her but she was being stereotypically stubborn. She opened Andre's room and there was Molly sitting on the bed with her top off.
      Molly was shocked by all of us just staring at her in complete awkwardness.
      'I get it now! Look what this boy is doing! Oh my God!' The woman kept shouting. She was accusing my brother of molestation, without listening to anyone. She and her opinions overshadowed everyone's explanations or appeals from the officers.
       'Aunty.' Marie appeared at the door.
     'Oh my goodness.' The woman said going to hug Marie. 'I knew it. Officers arrest this boy.' She commanded still hugging Marie.
      'What?' Marie exclaimed.