Chapter Eight: #AndreHotWhenMad.

I reached Marie's house at last but my group did not look so happy to see me like when Marie called. They were all on their phones, fascinated by whatever they were watching. Then I heard the words: If you were a guy I would... I groaned. The video.
     'Please don't watch that.' I said looking away.
     'Why didn't you say Andre's your brother?' Marie asked "nicely". Yes she did!
      'How do you guys know Andre?'
      'Have you been living under a rock? He's like the hottest social media sensation ever!' Marie said with a huge smile. 'I love him.' Marie said putting the phone on her chest. I was grossed out and shocked.
       'How did he end up with you. You're so a_a_a and he's...' Nate kept his eyes on me, probably looking for a word to describe my embarrassing brother. '...Andre. Your brother is so awesome. #Andrehotwhenmad is trending!' Nate said. I was indirectly insulted. No one even remembered all I went through only two days ago. They were all over Andre.
     I stood, speechless and confused when Caldwell came in. He smiled at me then hugged me. Everyone today is bent on surprising me, aren't they?
      'Hi Anna.' Caldwell said. He put his hands around my_shoulder? No, his hand was on my waist. I could feel my teenage body react to this unfamiliar loveable touch.
     'How are you after everything on Monday?' Caldwell asked. He remembered!
     'I...I...I...'
     'How are you Andre's sister?' Marie said eyeing me. 'You do look like Andre.'
    Duh. He's my brother. I said in my head. 'Guys let's just get to our mystery.' I said after all that obsession over my brother.
   'Yeah, I spoke to my ex, Sheela and she said she would tell us about her dad.' Nate said.
   'The principal's daughter? You dated her?' Caldwell asked chuckling.
   'You're way out of her league. She's literally a feet taller than you and a jock.' Marie said. I knew Sheela, she was always sweaty with a ball in her arm and always wore the school's basketball team sport wear.
   'I dated her, deal with it! So she said we could see her.' Nate said.
              ***********
    Andre was sadly playing the guitar when I entered the house. It was late and Mom was going to spend the night at her parents'. If I didn't speak to Andre today,
it might just emotionally weaken him.
    'Hi.' I said sitting beside him. He looked up from his guitar.
    'Anna I'm sorry.' Andre said dropping his guitar.
    'It's okay. It's not easy to control your temper.'
    'My temper didn't make me react that way. Anna, seeing you cry is the worst thing ever. I don't want anyone to hurt you.'
     'I did act like a coward.' I admitted.
     'I acted worse for threatening a girl. Everyone's talking about it.' Andre said reminding me he was a celebrity. Yeah, my brother!
      'Why are you so popular?' I asked putting on a more serious face.
      'Oh, my social media accounts. I am a vlogger.' Andre said. I gasped. My brother was not only cute but a celebrity. Can I be jealous? I am very jealous.
      '#Andrehotwhenmad is trending like I was not in the video.' I said without thinking.
   'Don't feel bad sis. I mention you in so many songs. You're my celeb.' Andre said smiling.
    'Would it hurt you if I said dad was my celeb?' I said making Andre's smile turn to a frown.
      'It hurts that you like him.' Andre said.
       'I do. I know he's done some really bad things and made freaking wrong decisions but he loves me, he makes me feel special and for someone like me, it's a lot to have three people who listens to you and appreciates your presence.' I said as a tear began to trickle.
    'Anna everyone thinks you're special especially your new friends.' Friends? Andre called them my friends but could they reciprocate it? I yawned resting on Andre's shoulder.
              ***********
   'No!' Sheela said without even giving us attention. What the fuck! Nate told us she would be willing to tell us but now she's changed her mind.
    'Sheela, Nate said you'd be willing to tell us a little about your dad.' Caldwell said.
    'Oh, I will tell you but for a small price.' Sheela said. Everyone turned to Nate in anger. Though, he did look like he had no clue she was going to ask for something.
      'I can't give her no money!' Marie said making to walk away.
     'I have some_' Ludie searched his pocket.
     'I don't want money. Andre is your brother right?' Sheela asked. I nodded, dreading what she would say next. 'Right! So set up a day for your brother and I.'
      Things keep getting better and better, don't they?
    'My brother is busy.' I said.
     'My information is busy.' Sheela said. It was like she could predict my excuses.
     'Fine. I will talk to Andre.' I gave up. I guess my brother was going on a date.
      'Fuck you Sheela.' Marie said. Sheela jogged away with a satisfied smile on her face.
                ***********
    I got home from school early and on the way home, I practiced how to ask Andre. I entered the house which was not locked.
    What was I seeing? Andre was kissing Jenna passionately... shirtless, while trying to unbutton Jenna's dress. I froze with my mouth open. They saw me and suddenly separated.
     'What the_' I said.
     'Anna, it's not what it looks like.' Jenna said.
     Well it looked like you were trying to get my brother in trouble; your trouble. Though I didn't say that, it was all over my countenance.
   'Bye Andre.' Jenna said rushing out.
    'Andre what were you thinking. Mom said you should not—do "that" with her! Did you even have protection on?'
    'Anna I swear nothing happened. You stopped us. I... I didn't do anything.'
   'So you would have done something if I didn't walk in?'
   We heard mom's car stop. Mom was back! Andre and I totally panicked and as mom entered we hugged, not seeing how stupid we looked then.
    'What's happening?' Mom asked dropping the things in her hand on the floor.
     'We're hugging.' Andre said.
     'Yeah we're so excited... you are back.' I lied. Mom hugged us then suspiciously sniffed us.
    'You guys smell strongly of Jenna, was she here?'
     'Err... No I...em... used her perfume.' I lied once again. Andre was sweating profusely.
    'Anna I know Jenna smells nice but you're allergic to perfumes.' I gave a sigh of relief. Thank goodness she bought it.