11

The cold and fresh air of the sea felt like heaven. (Y/N) sighed in delight, while she automatically snuggled closer into Katakuri's chest. Feeling his strong arms wrapped around her small form to carry her bridal style, let her feel safe and secure. And that was exactly, what she needed now, after this nightmare and she was relieved and more than happy, that he accepted her closeness without a problem.
It was so out of character of him, acting so gentle and made her butterflies in her stomach jump of joy.

Stepping onto his ship, he reached his office and put her on a bed. Grabbing a blanket he covered her body in silence. (Y/N) could see his pained and angered expression, because of her wounds.
Hesitating first, but deciding to give it a try, she slowly grabbed his balled fist to calm his nerves. His look met her smiling one, which let his anger towards these bandits raise.

"Katakuri... It's okay... I am here now and safe.", she spoke in this lovingly tone, he longed to hear ever so often.

"Yeah now, but you could have been dead, raped or who knows what they planned to do with you. And I wasn't there. The whole time I wasn't there, while my wife had to suffer so much. As your husband I should have been there to stop them..it took me so long, too long to get you.", he spoke annoyed and avoid (Y/N) 's surprised look. She wasn't prepared to get so much words out of him, but it made it much easier to understand him.

" The whole time he was worried sick about me... In a way I feel ashamed that I doubted that he would safe me.. ", she thought and smiled weakly.

"But you came and that's what counts. And the other thing. Nothing happened, they didn't touch me in that way. Or better I didn't let them..", the image of her abuser let her shiver slightly, not to be unnoticed by her husband.

"and what do you call that?", he spoke ice cold and pulled up her blanket to show her bruised body. Biting her lip she fell silent again and just wanted to forget this horrible experience. Grabbing the blanket from his hands, she covered her body and laid down to rest. Katakuri cursed under his breath to sound too rough. Sadly he watched (Y/N) turning away from him and thought about what to do.

"Katakuri... You know, it still hurts how you treated me.. ", she whispered and could feel tears in her eyes again. He knew that he messed up badly and an apology alone wouldn't fix it in the slightest. Sighing he looked up to the ceiling and collected his thoughts.

" What is she doing to me... She always gets me out of my comfort zone. Pushing me over the line.", he thought and watched her beautiful form lovingly. Katakuri worked really hard to keep his image of being the loyal, brave general of the big mom pirates. He was admired by his siblings and townsfolk to always know an answer, to always win and protect everyone. He hid his worries and insecurities behind his scarf and locked his feelings away to focus on his duties and others. But (Y/N) turned his world up side down. There was someone now caring for him. And for the first time he didn't know what to do.

"The day I asked you to come with me to the tea party was one of the happiest days of my life and at the same time the hardest for me. ", he spoke uneasy. (Y/N) listened surprised and snuggled deeper into his leather jacket, which she still had around her body.

"I wanted to show you that I care for you. That I am grateful for your hard work of baking doughnuts everyday. Good they are amazing...", he sighed in delight and forgot for a moment that he wasn't alone. Flustered of her sweet chuckling he coughed to get back to his speaking.

" But then I realized how others look at you. How quickly they want to have your attention and push you to do things you don't want.", he explained angered and thought back to the grabbing bastard of sweet city.

"nobody is allowed to touch what is mine.", he blurted out in anger and stopped embarrassed. (Y/N)'s eyes widened and she dared to look at him, while blushing madly as well.