8

Slowly (Y/N) opened her eyes and got up. Her throat was screaming for some water, while her face burnt of the dry tears. Getting up she walked to the bathroom and washed her face with cold water. Every move she made felt odd. Like a robot, an empty vessel which just worked automatically. Looking into the mirror she gasped of her image. Her hair was standing in all directions and black mascara painted her cheeks. She didn't recognize herself anymore.

"What words are able to do...", she thought sadly and started to clean her face to get a glimpse of her self confidence back. Pulling the dress over her head she gave it one last glance. She would never forget the stunned look in his eyes after seeing her dressed like that. His expression soft and happy. She remembered how her heart fluttered nervously after getting closer to his side, while the others were gasping in awe. She didn't wear it, because to get admired. She wore it to show him that she cared for this event and his family. To support him as his wife.
Shaking her head she smiled bitterly, while putting it back into her wardrobe.

"I am really pathetic..."

A sudden knock let her jump of fear. She wasn't prepared for him now. She couldn't endure his cold look and emotionless attitude without breaking out in tears again.

"Lady (Y/N)? May we are allowed to bring you some food?", a servant asked through the door and let her sighing in relief. Showing herself the servant gave her a kind smile and presented her a plate with fruits and pancakes. Smiling she took the food from his hands.

" Lady (Y/N) are you feeling alright? ", he asked uneasy.

"I should ask you if you are alright and not scared to death after his outburst of rage... I hope he didn't scream at you as well?", she asked and surprised the servant. Flustered he was in tears of hearing her sweet and caring words.

"Lady (Y/N).... You are too kind... We are so happy to have you here.", he spoke while other servants in the back nodded happily. Smiling brightly she felt much better. There are still people out there, who cared for her feelings.
Looking back into her room she remembered that her table was a broken mess.

" I think I have to eat at the dining hall.", she spoke uneasy and was about to go, but stopped in her tracks.
"Is... Is he here?", (Y/N) asked nervously. The servants understood that she needed time to recover. Katakuri's bad mood wasn't something easy to handle and never did they hear him shout like that. That she even stood against him, without any harm was a miracle for them.

"He had to travel to whole cake island. Big mom wanted to see him"

Nodding she left to eat her breakfast alone and in silence like she used to. But this time it felt more lonely. What should she do now? Hiding for a lifetime wasn't an option. Plus Big mom wanted her doughnuts. If not she would be in more trouble and Katakuri's mood would become worse. A never ending circle of troubles.

"If life gets hard, don't give up. It could always be a new opportunity, a new chance to experience something new. " her grandmother's words popped up in her mind.

"I don't give up. She can call me all the names she want. I will always get up and stay strong.", she whispered and walked into the kitchen to get her apron.

"Lady (Y/N)? Are you making doughnuts for Master Katakuri?", a cook asked stunned and took her by surprise.

Normally she made them for him. Every day she had made all kinds of specialties to make him feel better. To support him.

"I know what I do with Big mom, but Katakuri is another story...."

Without to answer she started to bake, while the others gave her understanding smiles and time she needed. The smell was incredible. Like magic one doughnut after another filled the baskets. Wiping the sweat away from her forehead she focused on the details. Every coating, fruit or candy had to be perfect. Everyone was helping to fill the baskets and cheering of the beautiful creations. But sadly they didn't recognize a shadow, which slowly appeared behind their backs.