13

Slowly (Y/N) opened her eyes and was blended by the sunlight. Feeling dizzy she got up from her laying position and looked around her room. Birds were happily cheerping outside, the weather was fine and everything seemed like always. Even her table was replaced by a new one. It was like she just dreamed all the bad things which happened. Confused she looked beside her and found a funny looking plate with fruits and a note.

"(Y/N)

You slept so peacefully so I didn't wake you up. I brought you back to your room for your recovery. Take your time. When you read this you also found the fruits I prepared for you. Eat it completely. It supports healing your injuries.

I have to leave now for Pudding's wedding and it will take some time till I will be back. Stay here and rest. If you need anything just ask the servants. They will look for you once in awhile.

I will come back as soon as possible.
Katakuri

PS No I didn't decorate the plate."

Smiling brightly she touched the words of the note which let her heart flutter. His message alone let herself feel much better. Even the demanding words to eat the fruit completely. It made her chuckle of his clumsy way to tell her that he cared and wanted her to feel better soon.

"I am so glad...", she whispered and took the plate. Piece after piece she ate the sweet fruit without to stop. "If he says it would help, then I will eat it.", she spoke happily to herself and finished it.

Slowly she tried to get up from the bed and was surprised how easy it was. The pain was gone and she felt good. No amazing. Walking into the bathroom she looked into the mirror and gasped of her horrible self.

"Shower... Quickly", she spoke and got out from her dress. Slowly she pulled of the bandages and scanned her body closely. The bruises were still there, but didn't hurt at all.

"My body needs just time to heal completely.", she whispered and got under the shower, which felt like heaven. Carefully but precisely she cleaned every spot to wash away the nightmare and the feeling of the filthy hands of her abuser. She was stronger than that and survived this hell. Never would she break down. She had Katakuri by her side who watched over her.
Sighing in relief she got out from her bathroom and got into comfortable clothes. She couldn't resist and read through his message again. Every word was making her smile. Thinking back how pissed he was about her wounds, how he took care of the bandits in an blink of an eye. It was amazing. No he was amazing. Blushing madly she shook her head to calm down. "I really have a crush on my husband.", she chuckled of the silly thought and left her room to move her legs a bit. Servants smiled brightly at her appearance, but she was too focused on her own thoughts.
His note still in her hands she held it like a trophy and wished to spend some time with him. It was so relieving to hear his thoughts. How he ticked and what his real intentions were. Katakuri was a sweet caring man, hidden in a muscular, tall and intimating body. His muscles alone gave (Y/N) goosebumps and the image how he sat beside her without his jacket. Exposing his trained chest with that tattoo made her sweating.
"God what's going on with me?! (Y/N) behave!!", she stopped shocked and realized that she was standing before his room.
Touching the doorknob she bite her lips, if she should have a look, but it sure would help against her loneliness.
Slowly opening the door she stepped inside and furrowed her brows in confusion.

"This cannot be his room..", she asked herself and looked out if she was mistaken. She was sure that she saw him leaving this room. Getting back she stopped in front of the small bed where his leather jacket and pants were neatly placed.
"The whole time he slept in this small bed...this must be really uncomfortable with his size..", she whispered shocked, but at the same time it warmed her heart. From the beginning he gave up all his comfort just for her. That she could get used to her new life. All the time where she believed he avoided her or hated her, Katakuri was just uneasy and stressed. She got it all wrong.
Smiling, while a tear rolled down her cheek she felt happy. Unbelievable happy that her fate lead her to him.