33

"(Y/N)..."

Katakuri growled and out of instinct pulled at the chains to get free, but knew all too well that it was useless.

Coby's look fell at her exhausted figure, while he was deep in thought.

"I have a dream to reach... And if I die tryin'.... at least I 've tried."

He could see it. Like he once saw by a certain pirate with a straw hat, who spoke those words with his strong will to fight. Everything made sense now, since his look wandered across the newspaper. Her uneasy state after meeting him and his crew, her heartbroken cries after realizing that Katakuri was just meters under her feet and the way she stood against the Navy Admiral with rage, the moment she was finally able to meet up with him.
Like Luffy, (Y/N) wanted to achieve an important goal. She always gave her best, fought till the end, without losing hope. And even if she had to face death now, she kept her strong will without any regrets. Because everything she did was out of pure honest feelings towards this man. The man she wanted to save. The man she deeply loved.

"God (Y/N)....", he sighed deeply and sat down onto the floor, while crossing his arms.

"Things are really messed up right now....", he spoke, while (Y/N) brushed her cheeks to get rid of her tears.

"I know...", she whispered helpless, but also relieved that the intense moment was calming down.

"No (Y/N)... You don't know in what trouble you got yourself into. And I don't mean this situation right now. Which sure is the cherry on top.", he started and pointed to a pissed looking Katakuri. Raising her brows, she gave him one of those innocent looks he always loved to see. He wanted to do everything to keep her safe, to protect her from the darkness, which was about to come, but she sure was making things really difficult to handle.

"You wanted to get him out of here. To safe his life and flee from the marineford with your ship right? That was the reason why you were so unbelievable happy about the map. That you hugged the hell out of me, because I gave you free time...Time to plan things.", he started bitterly, while she bite her lip and nodded quickly.

" Say (Y/N). Was everything a lie? ", he asked, while looking up to her widened eyes.

" Everything you said to me...about me and the way you see things... Was this all just a game to get my sympathy... To reach your goal.", he spoke and she could see how painful it was to say his thoughts out loud. He really liked her. Coby was enjoying every single minute he was able to talk to her, but if this all was a show, he didn't know what to do.

Walking to his side and getting down to his level, Coby felt his cheeks burn of her closeness, while Katakuri felt like exploding of jealousy. Alone the thought that they hugged was enough to go on a rampage.

"I lied yes.", she started and his breath hitched for a moment of shock. He didn't want to hear the awful truth, if it pained so much. Slowly ruffling through his pink locks in a friendly manner, she smiled brightly into his face.

"But to you I was totally honest about everything. Even if I die by your hand, I still think that you are an amazing captain and hopefully soon a higher ranked Admiral who cares for the ones out there with the true thought of justice...", she spoke and let him gasp of shock. Without time to comprehend the situation he was hugged by her small form and was only able to see the furious look of her husband.

" I swear if you hug back, I break your arms.. ", he growled and let (Y/N) chuckle bitterly.

"I see...", he whispered happily, but soon narrowed his eyes. "(Y/N).. There is something you need to know.", Coby started worriedly and let her step back to listen to him.