1: Trip to Venice~

(Peter's POV)~

After Fury's visit~

I woke up about a while later. I felt pretty groggy and my neck was stiff from lying on my side. "Ungggh..." I mumbled, and I noticed a very pretty girl sitting on the couch across from me. She was in her pajamas and had a very concerned look on her face. She mumbled something about a Fury, and cursed about our trip in Italy. "Y/n? Wha- what happened? I feel like crap."

"You look like crap." she smiled at me. Y/n looked surprised when she finally heard me speak. "Welcome back, Peter."

"I don't- I don't remember anything apart from seeing Nick Fury." I stammered, sitting upright. I held my head in my hand. "Was that real?"

Y/n walked away to the kitchen in the Stark Tower, and came back to hand me a glass of water. "Yeah, he tranquilized you." she said, scowling now. "I can't believe he made you get cookie crumbs all over the couch."

I was surprised and looked down at the cushions. Oops. "S-sorry, Y/N. I-"

"Don't hurt yourself, Peter." She said. "It's okay. It's not your fault. Nick Fury didn't recognize you at first and you surprised the heck out of him because he just found out you're living with me."

"So, he straight up shot me?"

"Yeah," Y/N came over to sit down next to me after wiping the cookie crumbs onto a napkin to clean it off. She set the mess down on the table. "He has a mission for us two, and doesn't want us to be in Italy when our class is going in a few days."

"What?" I said. "That's crazy, he can't do that! We have plans!"

"He can, apparently. I'm the only one taking control over here at Stark Tower, and I just can't abandon my own duties. He was here on behalf of S.H.I.E.L.D."

I looked at her, "So, what are you going to do?"

"We're not going to do anything, Parker." she smiled at me.

"You're going against Nick Fury?"

"Well, it was bound to happen. He's the only one that can't do anything without me." I was completely shocked by her words, but I was actually pretty happy. I was also surprised that Nick Fury chose the both of us for hero duty.

"What's the problem in Italy, anyway?" I asked, pulling her close to me. She felt cold, and I warmed her up in both my arms.

"Besides the place sinking every year? Nothing major." She said. Uh huh...like it's really nothing. I looked at her. I could see bags underneath her eyes. She's been too busy packing, and too busy thinking about other things that's causing her to lose sleep. I needed to get her to bed. "I'm not tired..."

Again, she surprised me, as if she knew what I was thinking. We always were on the same wavelength, and I wondered if we were both thinking the same thing. "I miss him too." I said, and I held her tight. "You need to get some sleep."

"Every time I close my eyes, Pete..." she started to cry. "It's him, and my former dad arguing about something."

We looked outside the helipad on top of the tower, and it was pretty quiet around us. We could only hear the faint sirens and sounds down below, and it was just only us two. "You've been having nightmares?"

"They seem so real." she said. "I can't believe I had only 2 years with Mr. Stark. You both did me a favor and I'm grateful, but I just feel like I'm all by myself now. I feel lost, and without a family."

"That's not true, you have me and May." I said, trying to smile for her. "You're always welcome over there, and you're always welcome to stay. It doesn't always have to be Stark Tower this, or that. We can just live our normal lives together."

"It doesn't work that way, Peter." She said, sitting upright. She had her hands on my leg, and she looked straight at me. "You're an official superhero now who will be available to Nick Fury when he needs you for a mission. I'm a Stark. I have my own duties as a Stark. I'm a target on your back when you're around me."

I was silent for a moment, but I knew she was right. It's unfair that she thinks she has to shoulder this all on her own. Her dad made me promise him that I would guide her, and take care of her right before he died.

'You've got to promise me, Mr. Parker.' Mr. Stark said on the battlefield. He grimaced. 'Take good care of my daughter. Sh-she's going to hate me for many years to come, but she'll come through. She's going to get lost in the dark someday, but you will be the one to bring her back into reality. Okay?'

"How much more do you have left to pack?" I asked her, changing the subjects and she looked up at me.

"Uhhh..." Y/N said, tilting her head. "We just need our passports."

"Let's get you on that plane to Italy and plan things our way." I smiled at her.

I have a feeling going against Nick Fury's wishes is going to bite us both in the butt one day.

~~~

And it already did.

We arrived in Venice, Italy in a few days with our class by boat.

I was glad to see that Y/B survived the flight to Italy, considering her fear of heights.

Everything seemed normal in Venice, so I wasn't sure why Mr. Fury had the urgent request for me and my girlfriend. Y/N was crouching down to the river and was ready to take a picture of the both of us to get a good angle of some of the buildings behind us. "Ready?" She asked, smiling at me.

Y/N quickly backed away once a creature erupted from the river. She put her camera back in her bag, and crawled back to me. I lifted her up and we were staring in shock. "P-Peter?" She said, her voice shaky. People of Venice were screaming, and causing an uproar around us as they scattered away from the water creature. "What the heck is that thing?!"

One of the boats Ned and Betty were in got washed on land, and hit a door next to us. "Ned!" I said, "You okay!?" We helped them out of the boat and started running as the creature kept rising, forming a body.

"What is that?!" Ned asked us. "What are you two going to do?!"

"I don't know!" I said. "I-I left my suit in the hotel room-!"

"Why?!" they sputtered in fear. Y/N was panicking at this time. I looked at her and grabbed her hand before she got pushed over by the crowd.

"Someone's going to see me, but just get out of here!" I said to Ned tightly.

I only had a second to react when Ned hurried away with some of our classmates, and a huge rush of water splashed against Y/N. She was pulled away from me. "Peter-!" I heard her scream. She held out her free hand to try and reach for me but she was already far away down the alley.