5: Prague's Famous Carnival

(Y/N POV)~

Dimitri drove through the city of Prague and there was a festival going on. Peter nudged at me to wake up, and I lifted my head up from his shoulder. "Hey, look outside." Peter smiled at me, and I leaned over to the window. I saw a lot of people dressed either in regular clothing or in costumes, holding up lights and everything.

"That's a lot of people." I said softly, and I leaned back into my seat to close my eyes again for a while.

We finally drove another mile or so down the road and stopped at a fancy hotel. It was right next to the Prague railway station, and apparently the hotel used to be a bank. Their vaults contained bars or places to hang out, which is probably why it gathered a heck ton of tourists.

"Wow...This place is white and classy..." one of our classmates said. I looked around the hotel in awe.

"What can I say? The squeaky wheel gets the upgrade grease!" Our teacher Mr. Harrington said. We all turned to face our teachers once we grouped up. "Alright everyone. Settle in, rest up, because big surprise: it's Prague's annual...Carnival of Lights!"

Everyone was gleaming with excitement. Peter and I smiled at each other, hoping we'd finally spend some quality time together. His phone buzzed and he started walking away. "Hello?" he answered, and I frowned.

"Parker. Intel." I heard a woman's voice say. I walked over to Peter and he held his phone for both of us to hear. "There's two earpieces with your suit. You and Miss Stark will put them on and await further instructions. Understood?"

"Uh, yes ma'am." Peter said, and the phone line cut off.

"We're not going to have a date anytime soon, are we?" I asked him and I sighed. "Just because you're Spiderman and I'm a Stark that has access to my dad's technology and we have duties to fulfill-"

"Hey, don't worry, we'll be able to do stuff together soon." Peter reassured me. "I promise."

"Hey, guys," Ned said, and we looked over to him. "I am so sorry that I am preoccupied with my relationship. You guys aren't probably worried because you're dealing with-"

"It's all good, don't worry about it."

Ned sighed in relief, "So what's the status on the Elemental things? Where's it going to happen?"

"Here..." I said, after exchanging sheepish looks with Peter. "I-In the city..."

"Layla, Peter!" Ned exclaimed. "We're here!"

"I know, it's not good..." Peter said. There is no excuse for any of this. "Me and Y/N will figure it out."

"You both have to do something. Please... We're all counting on you two."

"Ned!" Betty called out to him.

"I'm coming sweetie!" Ned said, and we watched him walk away.

I dug into my backpack and faced Peter. I fished around for the one item I never thought about bringing out at all, but this seemed like a good time right now. It was a Colantotte bracelet, a similar one to what dad used battling with Loki years and years ago. Pepper gifted it to me when she found out I was her adopted child a year or two ago.

"This is too much." I said, slipping the wristlet on. "I don't want to do any of this."

~~~

"Parker." Fury said as we were in their lair. "You still with us? The last one is going to be here in a few hours. Are we boring you?" I nudged Peter, and he looked at me and then at Fury.