7: Illusions

(Y/N's pov)~

Beck was trying to hold the barrier up for the both of us as we tried to figure out a new plan. "I go left, you go right!" Beck yelled, and the monster slammed on the barrier again. "Now!" I used my repulsors to fly out of there. The monster was attracted to me, and it started to shoot its flames at me.

"I got you!" Peter said as he grabbed me out of there. We swung to the side of a building and the flames were starting to spread upward. I was on Peter's back, hoping I didn't cause any set backs as he hauled the both of us up the building. I was trying to close my eyes as Peter pushed off the wall and flipped away from it. He let me down as we landed.

"You pull crazy stunts, you know that, right?" I asked him, my whole body shivering from the fall. I looked around for Beck and he was flying towards us, "Okay, shoot him now!"

He fired green mist at its body and cracked a bit of it off. Peter shot a web down at a good sized rock, and threw it down on the monster. "Spiderman, keep your distance!" Beck said over the radio. "Y/N, watch out!" The monster roared in anger and before I could see what was coming, I was thrown backwards. I rolled towards debris that lit with flames, ending up with scrapes on my arms.

The monster clocked me right in the face so I had a hard time trying to focus. I started seeing blurry images, and the voices around me started drawing out in an echo. I held my face in my hand as I tried to get back up, but I winced and kneeled down. "You can't do anything right," a voice said to me, and I looked up. I looked up to see a familiar figure.

Suddenly, I wasn't surrounded by roaring flames anymore.

I was facing my dad in a white room.

"D-Dad?" I muttered, my ears ringing from the knock out. "Is that you?"

"Is it me? Of course it's me." he said like it was in a "duh" moment. Finally, the ringing stopped. "Why did you go down? Why didn't you use the suit?"

"Because I'm weak." I said, "I'm not as strong as you, dad."

"You're just like Mr. Toomes, you're both weak, and both deserve nothing." I looked up at him in a dazed state. "You're like your former parents, you were born to be abused." What, he can't say that. Mr. Stark never says things like this. "You don't have the guts to be strong."

I winced, and then I felt a pang in my head, I held it with both hands this time and grimaced in agony. The pain grew worse, and I can't believe that my dad was right here. It seems like forever ago since I've seen him in his iron suit. He held his hand out to me and I tried to reach out for it, and it disappeared.

"Hey, you're going to be okay." I heard a voice say. "Focus on the sound of my voice."

"Beck?" I muttered, after my vision finally focused. I saw a man in a glowing green helmet. It disappeared and I saw Beck's face. He was crouched down to me, and he looked at me.

"You okay? That looked like it hurt pretty bad." Beck said among the chaos. I heard an explosion and something against metal screech, followed by civilians screaming. I noticed that the Ferris wheel was tipping over a little bit, and I saw that Ned and Betty were screaming.

"Yeah..." I said, "Hey Beck, why do you look so angry at me? Shouldn't you be assisting Peter?"

"Because it's true, you don't belong to anyone." he said, and I was confused. "You're not a Toomes, you're not a Stark. You're nothing. You don't have a family."

"Neither do you, that's why we're trying to help you, idiot." I said, standing up on my feet. "How dare you call both my family's names out like that. I get you don't have a family, but they were the ones that took me in-"

"How can you say that?" Beck snarled, "They took you in out of pity."

I was shocked, and thought that none of this made sense. I don't get why Beck was like this now, and more importantly, mine and Peter's friends are in trouble. "Get out of the way, Beck." I said, walking forward, and he stepped out of the way.

"You'll always be in the way." Beck said as his last and final words to me. He flew away and fired green mists at the monster who was near the ferris wheel.

"Peter!" I shouted over the radio coms, and I felt him fly over to grab me with one arm. He shot a web out and something got caught on it. It looked invisible to me, and even though it latched onto that something, Peter and I started falling again. He shot out another web out and we finally had something to hold us. We climbed atop of the ferris wheel. Ned and Betty were shocked.

Peter tried to keep the Ferris wheel from falling and we turned our heads to Beck. I couldn't help but think of what he said to me. "Whatever happens, I'm glad we both met." Beck said. His helmet disappeared and he nodded at us. He looked at Peter, and our friends, and then he looked at me. Beck gave me one last angry look, and then he turned back.

"Beck, what are you doing?!" Peter asked as he held on. The helmet appeared again.

"What I should've done last time..." Beck growled, and the green mists formed around his gloves again. Once he fully fused with them, he forced his way through the monster and Peter was shouting out for his name. We watched as the Elemental roared and the green mist surrounded him from the inside. It was covered whole, and it created a huge explosion, followed by a disturbance in the air.

Peter slung the web tight under the Ferris wheel to keep it steady. I looked at Peter and we were surprised, and I jumped down to Beck using my repulsors. We were on either sides of Beck and helped him up. His suit was steaming, and he grimaced in pain.

Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D finally arrived and they gathered around us. They helped down Ned and Betty and escorted them back to the hotel. "So, it's over?" Maria asked.

"It's the last of them." Beck said, sitting down to rest.

"But not the last threat we'll ever face." Fury agreed. "We need to stay vigilant. There's a void in this world for someone like you. Hill and I are going to Europe to the headquarters in Berlin tomorrow. You should join us."

"Thank you," Beck said, taking his hand. "I might just take you up on that offer."

I was still staring at Beck, and couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. Fury walked over to me and Peter. "You two...have got gifts." Fury said.

"Mr. Fury..." Peter stammered.

"I'd love to have you both in Berlin, too, but you two have got to decide whether you want to step up or not. Stark chose you, Mr. Parker." Fury continued. "He made you an Avenger. I need that. The world needs that. Maybe Stark was wrong." I looked at Peter who's eyes were puffy and red. "Was he?" He waited for Peter to say something, and then walked away. "The choice is both of yours."

Beck walked over to us, frowning, and patted our backs. "Let's get a drink together."