6: Night Monkey

(Peter's POV)

I started feeling a little better after talking to Beck and Y/N. I managed to land on my feet and let her down. She tugged on my sleeve and we looked at two elders who stared at us in shock like we came from outer space.

"Uhhh, scusi!" I said to them with a smile, "Sorry, we're just-!"

"Oh, nevermind them, Pete." Layla said as they hurried up the stairs.

I pulled out the glasses from my backpack and activated them, "Edith-!"

"Excuse me, mister," Y/N started to widened her eyes. "Where did you get that? I had that in my backpack this entire time!"

"Well, uh, maybe if you didn't fall asleep, with your backpack down at your feet on the bus, I probably wouldn't have taken it." I sent her a teasing smile and she was frantically searching around her sack.

"Peter Benjamin Parker!" She exasperated at me and I snickered.

"Hello, Peter."

"Hey!" I said to Edith, ignoring Y/N's panicking on purpose. "I need you to find a way to keep our friends inside for the next few hours?"

"Let's see what we can do," Edith said.

"I'm dating a thief." Y/N mumbled in defeat, and she grabbed at my ear and pulled me away back to the hotel.

~~~

"Good news!" Mr. Harrington announced to everyone. Me and Y/N were sitting down with our class. They had glow sticks around them and they were in their comfortable clothes. "We're going to the Opera!"

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed. "The opera?"

"What happened to the carnival?" MJ asked.

"Well this is how you live by style, guys." His colleague tried to say.

Ned turned to me and Y/N and we had a look on our face that said, "Just go along with it." He understood and turned back.

"The tour company gave us these tickets...for free!" Mr. Harrington said. "Do you know how much opera tickets cost?"

"No." Flash answered for everyone. "Because none of us ever wanted to go to the Opera. Ever."

"Uhh..." Ned started to say, "I think this is going to be culturally envisioned for us!"

"Thank you, Ned!" Mr. Harrington said, "Everyone, this is going to be maybe the best 4 hours of our whole trip!"

"FOUR HOURS?!" Everyone yelled and we noticed that Betty glared at him.

Y/N leaned towards me and whispered, "Why did Edith pick the Opera house?"

"It was the only option available to me, we had to keep them away for some hours or longer." I said, "And there's no way we can have them roaming around the carnival when this is going down."

"Guys, I think this is going to be really fun, seriously!" Ned said, and everyone just blankly stared at him.

~~~

We were all dressed up in our formal attire now, and I saw that Y/N was wearing a really nice floral dress. We walked through the crowds during the carnival. "I bet now you're all happy that you brought nice outfits!" Mr. Harrington said as he fixed his tie up.

"Yeah, because we'd much rather go to a 4 hour opera instead of the biggest party of the world!" Flash said.

"Kids," Mr. Harrington's colleague said, "don't look at me. It wasn't my idea."