4: Baby Mountain Goats

(Peter's POV continued)~

"Y/N, Brad!" I called out to them. I can't believe this is happening right now. I zipped up my pants as quick as I could. "It's not what it looks like!" I finally caught up to Brad and he had a huge smile on his face that made my cheeks burn. "Hey man, that-"

"Look Peter. I'm not here to judge you of your life choices, but if you're going to hook up with some European chick while you're with Y/N, that's on you." Brad said and waved a finger at me as he said that, "Boy, is she pissed at you. We know what we saw. I know how close Y/N is to you, and you know, this might give me a chance to prove that I am the one for her."

If Y/N's mad at me, that's fine, but there's no way this is going to end up being a competition. "What, come on man, you know that's not true-"

"I'm sorry, Peter." He shrugged, walking away from me. "The photo is proof and I think I can use this as a way to get to her. Just to remind her that her boyfriend is into European chicks." I was in utter shock at everything that just happened.

Before everyone loaded on the bus, I tried to sit down and talk with her, but she didn't want to hear my side of the story. "Peter, we're supposed to be a team and you decide to do that to me?" She had said and I was at loss for words.

Y/N sat ways away from me on the bus once our rest stop was over. She ended up sitting next to Brad, who was trying to talk to her, but she looked like she wanted to toss him out the window beside her.

I sighed and I sat up front from her and put on the glasses. We started driving away from our rest stop. "Edith?" I said and the glasses lit up.

"Hello, Peter." the A.I said. "How can I help you?"

"Uh yeah...hey. I was wondering, there's this guy in my class who's about to ruin everything I have with Y/N-" I stammered quietly. I was twiddling my thumbs and was hoping Edith could undo whatever Brad had on his phone. "Uh-uhm..."

"Peter. I'm having difficulties trying to hear you. Can you please speak up?"

I froze in place and raised my voice a little more, "Uh, Brad Davis. Has a photo of me-"

"Brad Davis. Is he a target?" Edith asked.

"Yeah...he's a target."

"Copy that. Target is Brad Davis. Initiating Missile Launch sequence."

"Initiating what now?" I asked, with a straight face.

"Intercept point determined...Releasing kill vehicle."

"EDITH-!"

Everything happened so fast. I turned around to see a huge missile heading straight for the tour bus. I started panicking.

"Oh my god-" I said, and Flash took the glasses from me.

"Cool glasses, Parker!" Flash said, trying it on for himself. "How did you pay for these?"

"Flash!" I started stuttering. "Give me the glasses back, I need them right now!"

"Wait, I'm literally complimenting you, Parker. Give me a chance-!"

I tried to grab at them from him but for some reason, I ended up knocking Flash out with a fist while he tried to stop me. Oh man. "I'm so sorry!" I grabbed the glasses back from Flash and put them back on. "EDITH. Don't kill Brad."

"Peter, do you want me to cancel the missile strike on Brad Davis?"

"Pete, did you just punch Flash?" Y/N asked me, and I shook my head nervously. This whole entire time, she was the only one who noticed what was going on.

"What?" I ended up having a cracked voice. "No!"

"Firing." Edith heard my command and I had my Spider Sense rolling. I shot a web out to the wheel Dimitri held, and yanked the wheel towards me. We started swerving back and forth on the road and everyone was falling out of their seats. I got jolted and I stood back up and tried to call for Edith but the glasses ended up on the floor of the stairs. I snatched it back and put it back on. "Commencing second strike."

"Peter. Plant your fanny and buckle up!" Mr. Harrington shouted out to me and I realized I was the only one standing up.

"Look, the baby mountain goats!" I said to create a diversion.

The only person who didn't look was Y/N. Everyone else hurried to the left side of the bus windows. Y/N watched me jump out of the emergency exit from the roof and I shot a few more webs at the missile that was close range now. I attached it to some rocks nearby it and the missile slammed into it. Once the drone fell to the ground, I jumped back in the bus, and Y/N was shocked. She had her hands to her mouth and her eyes were widened. She was aware of the missile.

"I don't see any baby mountain goats..." Mr. Harrington said, disappointingly.

"Y-You missed them!" I said, and I exchanged looks with Y/N.

"Uh, yeah, sorry Mr. Harrington." She said, following my lead. "Maybe we'll see them again further down the road! Right?"

Everyone else went back to their seats, and returned to whatever they were doing. "I know you think none of us have noticed, Peter..." Betty started to say, "But your new look? I love it." I realized then she was talking about the Edith glasses and my plaid shirt I was wearing to match it. She looked at Ned and said, "Right, babe?"

"Yeah, sophisticated, classy, very European..." Ned agreed, "You like it too, don't you, Y/N?"

"T-That doesn't mean anything!" I heard her say and she pouted. She looked away from me and I fell back to my seat up front, exhausted.

"Phew...let's try that again." I said to EDITH. Once I told EDITH to do what I originally wanted it to do, I peeked out to look at them.

I noticed that Brad was already showing Y/N the photos on his phone. "It's so weird, it was right here." Brad said, and she rolled her eyes.

"Uh huh, sure. Anyways...thanks for the awkward small talk," she said. Y/N stood up and started heading towards my direction.

~~~

(Y/N POV)~

"Are you crazy?!" I whispered to Peter once I sat down next to him. I didn't know what to think. I didn't think Peter was that type of guy to pull a stunt like that. I should've known better to hold on to the glasses until we figured out how to use EDITH properly. "What made you think that was a bright idea, Peter?"

"I had to do something, Brad was going to expose me in front of millions!" Peter whispered back. I noticed how close we were sitting face to face in a heated moment, and I was just mad. "I didn't want that photo on social media, people will think I'm creepy!"

"You are creepy, Peter." I said, "I can't forget what I saw." Actually, I can't say that, but I did. He's not. He's too adorable to be called creepy.

"You were going to come inside anyway and you would've found out yourself what she had planned. It was a new suit she was giving me because I didn't want to show that Spiderman is in Europe." He frowned at me, sincerely and I was surprised. "C'mon, Y/N...I've been with you ever since you moved to Midtown high. Do you really think I'd stoop that low after some years?"

I thought about it for a moment and then I ended up getting mad all over again, "We're in Europe, Pete." I shot daggers at him. "Anything can happen in Italy. They don't call it a romantic country for nothing."

"But I'm not in it for that, it was just a part of the mission!"

"Speaking of, give me the glasses." I said, with my hand out. "Until we know how to properly use these, I'm taking them in my care for now. Okay? You're not allowed to launch a second missile, Pete."

He sighed and handed me the small case. I put it in my backpack and we sat in silence until we hit Prague. I narrowed my eyes to Peter once night time fell, and he was asleep. I felt something touch my leg and I jumped. I noticed that his hand was out in between us, his palm facing up. It was gesturing to me to take it, but I was hesitant, and I just felt kind of sad.