2: Introduction to the Elementals

(Y/N POV)~

I feel like I'm being punked. Is there like someone filming somewhere that me and Peter aren't aware of? Did we just become the main characters of a movie that in the script Venice suddenly starts getting flooded?

Cause goddamn it, drowning is not fun!

I tried to find something - anything - to grab to keep me from flying further and further away from Peter. God, first heights, now drowning is my next worst fear?

I'm never leaving Stark Tower ever again. Can't I just be an ordinary girl having romantic strolls around Italy with a cute and nerdy boy on a school trip?

I tried to open my mouth to cry out, but every time I did, I keep regretting it. It was so hard to get any air in to breathe every time I got a chance to suck in. Water kept getting trapped in my mouth and I was just not having a great time.

Finally, I was released and I looked at myself drenched. My backpack was still attached, and I thanked God for water proof products.

I sat back up once the water settled down, and I just saw the creature a while away from me. He was destroying buildings left and right, and everything in it's path.

I felt someone lift me up and they led me away from destruction. It was a woman in dark clothes who helped me away from this place.

I looked back to see Peter fighting the water creature with a guy I didn't recognize. I thought it might've been Dr. Strange, but we haven't seen him since the funeral.

I decided to let Peter handle this one since my suit was not ready yet. I wasn't ready to do anything with it and it wasn't a moment it was ready for.

~~~

Peter walked in with his suit that night and I was waiting for what felt like forever after being taken care of. I was given warm blankets after I dried up and sat down on a couch in Fury's lair. He was looking around everywhere until he found me. "Peter?" I said, and he hurried over to me. Peter removed his mask and sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"How did- where did-?" he started to say.

I looked over and smiled. "I dunno," I said, "I was hurried to safety. Someone from Nick Fury's team found me drenched in water." I let out a sneeze and rubbed my nose with the blanket.

"Are you okay?" Peter looked at me concerned.

"I'm alright," I reassured him. Although, I'm still extremely terrified. He didn't have to know what else I was feeling right now. He had enough to worry about what happened earlier. "A woman named Maria Hill was the one who rescued me. She's kinda like Happy, but Nick Fury's right hand woman armed and ready for combat."

"Oh, thank you, miss." Peter looked over to her and she nodded from her station.

"Next to her is Demetri, who looks like he's ready to kill someone." I  said, and Nick Fury walked over. "I haven't been introduced to anyone else yet. We were all waiting for you."

"Speaking of introductions. That over there...is Mr. Beck." Fury finally spoke up.

Peter held my hand and interlaced our fingers together. He guided me over to the team and I held the blanket together with my free hand.

"Mysterio?" Peter mumbled, and I looked at him confused.

The man in the cape turned around and looked at us, "Who?"

"Doesn't seem like a superhero..." I muttered to Peter softly. "He's like a knock-off version of Dr. Strange...look at the way he's dressed, Pete..."

"Shhh...That's mean," Peter pouted and I giggled, and we caught Mysterio glaring at us. "It doesn't matter. It's just what my friends have been calling you."

"You can call me Quentin." The man walked over to shake his hand with me and Peter. "You handled yourself well out there today."

"What did he do?" I asked since I was too busy drowning.

"Your boyfriend saved people from a tower that was on its last limbs. We could use someone like you in my world."

I smiled at Peter and then something struck me as odd. "I'm sorry, your world?" I asked.

"Mr. Beck is from Earth." Fury spoke up and we turned to him. "Just not yours."

"There are multiple realities, Miss Stark. This is Earth: dimension 616 and I'm from Earth: 833."

"You're saying there's a multiverse?" I asked. My jaw was dropped, finally knowing there are endless possibilities out there, and I looked over to see Peter's eyes sparkling. Uh oh.

"I-I-I thought that was just theoretical!" Peter spoke up. "It completely changes how we understand the initial singularity." He continued to babble and we all slowly swiveled our heads to him. "We're talking about an internal inflation system! A-And how does that even work with how with all the Quantum...t-that's insane! Layla, we have to-!" Fury, Maria, and Demetri just blankly stared at him.

"I'm sorry," I sheepishly said, "he tends to do that a lot..."

Beck looked at Peter and gave him that chiseled smile. "Don't ever apologize for being the smartest one in the room."

"Anyway...!" Maria turned back to her station and turned on a holographic image in the middle of the room. We were looking at a solar system.

"They were born in stable orbits." Beck explained. "Creatures formed in primary elements: Air. Water. Fire. Earth. The science division had a technical name. We just call them "Elementals"." We watched as the images on the holograph changed to the same-looking creature I saw today.

"Versions of them existed across mythology." Maria spoke up.

"Turns out the myths are real."

I looked at Peter and we were in awe about this whole thing. "Like Thor." I said. "Thor was a myth. Now we study him in our physics class."

"These myths...are threats." Fury walked over.

"They first materialized on my Earth many years ago. We mobilized and fought them. From each battle, they grew and got stronger."

I thought about this some more as we spoke about the Elementals. I thought about the fact that I'm standing in a room with Nick Fury who tranquilized my boyfriend and made it a threat if we didn't come here sooner.

Apparently, we were a bit late coming, and they need us now.

"That's why you needed me and Peter?"  I asked.

"There's only one left." Fury pointed out.

"The strongest of them all." Beck said. His voice changed to a sad tone. "The one that destroyed my area...It's the one that took my family."

I looked up at him in surprise. I felt the whole room looking at me.

So Beck wasn't alone. They knew they needed me here because they wanted someone who understands him like I did. They needed Peter to help stop the Elementals because of his strength.

They also knew I have a suit using Stark technology and I just don't have the courage to bring it out just yet.

Maria was the only one who had a say in all of this, "The last one will be in Prague in approximately 48 hours."