19: Reality Check

(Y/N POV)~

I looked around in the water, thankful for the iron helmet around me. I didn't even think to myself to use my boosters because I was just scared of drowning.

I panicked when I saw the projection of my dad as a zombie again swimming towards me. "P-Peter!" I started to cry out.

"You should be dead!" Dad said, and I tried to push away. "You don't deserve to live!"

Peter managed to find me in the water to help me up. "You okay?" Peter asked, and I nodded. "You look like you saw a ghost."

"Looks are deceiving, but I'm fine." I said, and he nodded.

I started boosting the repulsors again. I lifted off the ground a little bit and picked up Peter with me to get back on the top of the bridge. We crouched behind some cars and Peter started to push down on his web shooters, but nothing happened.

"Great, no webs..." Peter muttered.

"Iron girl is still ready for action." I started to say but then Peter looked distracted.

"Wait." Peter said, and I looked to where he was looking. One of the broken drones that was still trying to fire a sonic weapon. Beside us was a small stuffed animal and Peter threw it at it. With the force from the sonic blast, it jumped high in the air and one drone turned to it to fire bullets at it. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Something crazy, probably." I said, grinning.

Peter went to yank out the battery from that drone earlier. I also helped by grabbing the seatbelt from an abandoned car and handed it to him. I watched him wrap the seatbelt around the battery. He grabbed a sign to use as a shield and started to walk away.

I waited for his signal close by.

"Now!" Peter yelled at me, as he threw the battery in the air. A majority of the drones exploded and I whistled, impressed.

I watch him throw away the shield and I launched myself towards him. I rushed him out of there, and we finally got through to Beck in the walkway of the bridge.

He looked at us in shock, and Peter decks him in the helmet. "Surprise!" Peter shouted.

"You're really pissing me off, Beck." I snarled at him, gripping at his shirt. "You screwed with the wrong family, and you screwed up mine and Peter's vacation together. Your lies are over. Give it up, coward."

"This certainly isn't ideal, but...I have contingencies, Miss Stark." Beck said. "EDITH?"

Two of the drones near him caused another shockwave explosion, causing me and Peter to knock backward off our feet.

I slid to the ground and Peter bumped into me.

"Just give us the glasses, Beck." Peter snarled.

"Oh, you want these?" Beck asked innocently. "Come and get them."

Suddenly, I was surrounded in darkness.

"C'mon...Peter Tingle..." Peter whispered as he quickly reached for my hand.

I held it and I accessed STARK to my helmet. "STARK, scan the perimeter for Mysterio."

"Subject found. Kick some ass, Miss Stark."

"With pleasure, Dad." I sneered, once I saw a silhouette pop up red several feet away on the field.

I fired beams at the drones to give Peter some room to get to Beck. The ones that weren't destroyed got in Peter's way, and since he didn't have any more webs, he just used them towards his advantage.

I grab a drone that started to fire bullets at me, but I swung it around and it hit Beck with brute force. I saw him land on the ground with a thud.

The last drone was finally destroyed. "Beck!" Peter angrily yelled, and I walked over to them with caution. My hands were raised up and ready to fire at Beck. I wasn't showing any mercy today.

My helmet came off as soon as Peter's mask did. "Beck...you lied to me, and I trusted you." He said, as Beck slumped up against the wall. Peter and I had cuts and bruises everywhere on our faces.

"I know, kid, I know." Beck grimaced in pain. "That's the most disappointing part...You two are good for each other. Stark was right. No, your dad was right." He looked at me, eyebrows scrunched together. He held up the glasses to me. "Take it. It was a gift from your old man."

The sucky part of it all? I was imagining my own funeral. Everything did plan out the way it was supposed to, just like dad said in his video message at his.

A gunfire shot rang out and I let out a gasp.

Guess I'll see you soon, Dad.