♤84- Bereaved♤

~AN~

Hi, guys.
Thank you for your patience ❤. Enjoy the long chapter.

 Enjoy the long chapter

Marjani's POV:

All four of us arrived Lunar and my heart broke at  how different everything suddenly seemed.

The village was quiet. And almost deadly silence. The houses were all empty and the bridges that led from one three to another were all deserted. The once beautiful trees with bright, goldish, brown leaves were turning pale and almost grey.

'Where's everyone?'

As Alka led us towards the palace, I was surprised to find the entire clan had gathered on the paths that led to the palace. There was a huge crowd that led up to the gates. My heart broke for the sad creatures. They bowed silently to Roman and the rest of us as we flew above them and towards the gates.

The palace guards opened the gates and we were led into the big property. As we approached the palace, we spotted Roman's pack solemnly waiting for him. We landed in front of them. Efra and the rest of them bowed.

"When did you arrive?" Roman asked lowy, cleary very saddened with all that was happening.

"We were informed earlier in the afternoon, your highness," Efra replied, head still low.

I was suprised, given that Roman had just been informed and it was already night time.

"We had to come here and help prepare everything for your arrival," Elijah added.

"Why didn't you tell me? So this is why you all suddenly disappeared," Roman muttered.

"Our apologies, your highness. It was your father's orders that we didn't inform you yet," Efra replied.

Roman nodded and turned towards the palace. His eyed were red. Not glowing or supernaturally red. They were simply red from probably holding back the tears.

After getting a hold of himself, he went towards the palace. Kylo, the pack and I followed him inside. Once inside, there were many other creatures there. Creatures I recognised as his other family members which consisted of his uncles, their families and packs. Everyone bowed to Roman and he greeted them. Kylo and I went and stood in a corner with some of his other family members.

His mother and sister came down the big stairway and I was very saddened when I saw them. They both wore white cloths. I guessed these cloths symbolised they were mourning.

The poor queen looked like she could barely walk while Jade held onto her mother's arm. The Queen had heavy eye bags and her eyes were red from too much crying. It was the same for Jade. I felt so bad for them. They had no make-up, adornments or jewelry and their hair were simply tied in ponytails.