♤ 37- Speechless ♤

Marjani's POV :

Marjani's POV :

I took my time to walk towards the elevators, knowing very well that Kylo was right behind me, probably watching me closely. My knees were still weak from earlier and I felt how wobbly they were.

'Walk slowly, girl. Don't trip. Kai's right behind you and I bet he's already suspicious.'

And I was right.

"You okay, Nthanda?" he asked and I halted, turned on my heel and faced him.

He was looking at me in weird way and I heard a tad bit of amusement in his tone.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked casually.

He shrugged and he eyed me slowly from head to toe.

"Something's different."

'Can he tell I have Roman's scent on me now??'

"What's different, Kai?"

'No, he doesn't. Roman's a beast with a strong sense of smell, stronger than any other creature's. Kylo doesn't have that.'

"I noticed you walk funny," he said, squinting his eyes. "Like really slow. Too slow."

I swallowed and managed to keep my composure.

"Oh really? I didn't realise."

The elevator door opened and I was happy to rush in, followed by Kylo. The doors closed and we were alone inside. I hoped we would change topic.

I was wrong.

"Where were you from when I met you outside?"

Of course I didn't reply and continued to face front. That was until Kylo gently grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

"Look at me," he said slowly, making me turn to face him.

"Yes?"

I was unable to look him in the eyes. His gaze was so intense. He narrowed his eyes.

"Were you with Roman?" he asked.

'Dead.'

"What?" I played dumb.

"You heard me."

I sighed.

'Not gonna make the same mistake I did with Roman. Nope. I'll just be honest.'

"Yes, I was," I replied and slowly pulled away from his grip.

He nodded.

"And why were you there?"

"What? Are you my dad now?" I chuckled to lighten the mood. "We had something to discuss."

"To discuss."