13. Test of Trust

"Good morning Sir" Evelyn greets as she closes the door of Yoongi's office.

It has been less than a day that she felt human flesh die in her hands but the facade the she had created the next morning fooled everyone - even the people present at the scene.

"You look..." Yoongi attempts to mock, offering hand gestures as he searches for a professional word to describe his assistant's appearance, "Brighter than usual shall I say?"

"I've always been like this, what are you trying to suggest Su- Oh I beg your pardon Yoon-" She expresses sarcastically but is interrupted by a petite female who has just walked into the office unannounced.

"What?"Evelyn asks as she noticed the shocked look on this girl's face.

"N-nothing..It's just that, nobody calls Mr Min by his name except..." She looks up at meets the dark eyes of Yoongi and her head swings back down, "I-I thought you two might be clos-"

"Don't even think...Me?" Evelyn scoffs, "And this man close? Even the thought sounds illegal" Evelyn says out loud and the female laughs nervously.

"What brings you here?" Yoongi's low voice vibrates the room.

"Here." She replies walking towards him and placing a package on his desk her head  sunk low, "It was here early this morning" She reports asks for permission and leaves.

Yoongi sets the parcel aside and ascends from his seat to sit on the edge of his desk.

"You need to do something" Yoongi states, and Evelyn's eyebrows furrow, "Taheyung will take you to the woman we saw on CCTV at the hospital"

"Why me?"

"Didn't you beg to be part of this investigation? Why question my decision." He says sternly, "Aren't you females supposed to understand each other? It's better you go than those freaks obsessed with women"

"Ah" She nods understandingly, "Is this now?"

"In half an hour, she comes out of her part time job at a pizza store, Taehyung knows what to do, you need to interrogate her nothing else. An identity will be provided for you... everything's set" Yoongi explains as he stands and reaches for his cup of coffee, "Consider this your second test"

"Test? I thought I was already in"

"You are" He confirms, "Second test to earn my trust"

"Oh shut up" She rolls her eyes, "If you didn't slight trust me I wouldn't be part of this in the first place"

He stops midway sipping his coffee and nods, "Well you're right in that aspect, but not enough for me to say I trust you"

"What am I supposed to do to gain your trust...Yoongi I've even killed for you" Her voice softens, she knew it's cringe but it's true, she had killed a man for his approval.

"He was going to die anyway" He continues and sips his coffee, he then places the coffee on his desk and walks up to Evelyn. She watches him as he approaches her and she doesn't move, their eye contact never breaks yet the proximity increases.

"What you have to do for me to trust you?" He mirrors her words and smirks as he sees her beneath his chin, he lowers his head and looks at her, he feels her breath hitch only to feed his smirk as it grew larger, he leans his face closer to hers until their noses touch, upon the connection of their noses he gently rubs his nose against hers and whispers, "Stay loyal to me"

She laughs. No. She spits on his face while doing so.

"Wha-" She tries to say but there followed another chain of laughter, "WHA" she attempted again.

He stands startled as he hears the girl laugh hysterically from the top of her lungs. He doesn't move, his head is still hung low and he tries to maintain a dark aura but softens at the rich laughter of Evelyn.

"Was there any need for you to try create sexual tension?" She says breathless clutching onto her chest, "Yah Yoongi this whole bad boy don't suit you"

He turns to look at her, his face painted with innocence. His name sounds heavenly when she says it só cheerfully - on the contrast of his personality.

"Where on our contract does it say I need to devout myself to you anyway?" She chuckles and shakes her head in disapproval.

Taehyung walks into the office.

"Afternoon Sir, hey Evelyn" He smiles, "Ready to go pop the cherry?"

"Damn." Evelyn breathes, "Is that what you're on? I thought you were the sane one"

Taehyung giggles cheekily, "I'm joking ma, let's go, I'll get you a drink on the way"

Evelyn smiles brightly and walks out of the office after slightly bowing to Yoongi who is still stood flabbergasted.

"What the fuck" Yoongi breathes almost relieved, he walks to his desk and picks up his phone, dialling a number and placing the phone on his ear.

"She passed"

~End of chapter 14~