20. The lake

"How did you manage to espace?" Yoongi wonders and Catherine turns to look at him.

"A client" She responds and turns to look back at Evelyn, "A client...I had him by chance. He was collecting girls and guiding them out of the hell hole. It was risky, but if it was going to be successful it would be worth the risk." She explains smiling gratefully she had taken the risk.

"Talk us through your 'escape', seems almost impossible in my ears" Evelyn rightfully says - assuming the place was guarded with men built 10 times bigger than the poor girl.

"Well...it was one night. He and I had gotten close and I soon had become his favourite client. It sounds wrong but it was for survival. The most risky part of it was getting out of the corridor, which had rooms left and right, you could hear females begging for mercy and skin slapping against each other, cries echoed throughout the corridor. I still hear it clearly. Whilst Moving a female was kicked out of a room...A client had created a riot claiming the female was not satisfying him enough...As a result a man came, he had a gun, similar to the first man I ever saw at that place"

"Did you see his face?" Evelyn asks and leans in, Catherine nods and Evelyn's eyes widen signalising Yoongi to write down the description.

"He had a beer belly, but his upper body was hench and broad...I recall him having sweat patches and He was really short and had a cigarette in his mouth" Catherine clears and Evelyn smiles a thank you.

"He shouted and pulled the girl's hair and when she tried to speak he shot her right in between her eyes. It was a gruesome scene...but I've got to admit, because of that we were able to sneak past from the left - avoiding the main corridor. Then I got placed in a suitcase. It gets checked when you enter and he had filled it with sex toys and role play clothes...I think he had a few working on helping girls out as the security got distracted by a female client and we were able to leave" Catherine says, "But that wasn't all...upon being outside, it was all up to me. He helped getting out but it was my responsibility from there"

"What did you do?"

"Run. Of course. I ran as fast as my feet could take me, but then I encountered a few men on watch out for catch fugitives so I hid"

"Where did you hide?"

"Inside a boat" She chuckles, "There was a lake...and I saw a small boat. It was dark... It was as though the skies were new to me in all honesty, I had gotten kidnapped in summer and it was winter when I came out...I was perplexed but relieved that I was out"

Evelyn offers Catherine a smile.

"Then the boat floated...and I ended up in a shore. I woke up surrounded by people, and when I realised it wasn't just men...who I had grown a fear to, It was men, women and kids. I stood up wither their help and the first thing I did was ask for a phone to call and ask for my son."

An empathetic falls from Evelyn's eye.

Shit. Guess Jungkook didn't warn me for nothing. Evelyn thinks to herself as she wipes the tear.

"I have no words, you are very strong and I don't know how...How you could've lived through those 3 years" Evelyn sighs, "But why now? Why did you only speak of the matter now?"

Catherine hesitates.

"I don't want my son to wonder any more why his mom would jump at the touch of people, I don't want him to feel as if I left him because I wanted to rather tell everyone what I've been through and how hard I worked to get back to him, I love him, I really do but for the past few months his father arrived wanting custody for my baby and I won't let him...I won't" Catherine's eyes burns with determination.

"Rest assured. You will win the custody and we will
Help you in any way we can...but you need to continue to help us too" Evelyn debates.

"Yes Ma'am" Catherine agrees.

~End of chapter 20~