06. Suicide by Potassium

"Sir, today is the day you meet with your friends" April leans in and informs her boss while he sits at his office analysing reports, and left clearly uncomfortable by the look he gave her.

"They're not my friends" He mutters before she closed the door.

"Is he grumpy?" Taehyung asks as he walks out of the elevator.

"Is that new?" Evelyn questions back, sitting on her desk and rubbing her cheeks.

"Coffee?" He asks as he walks towards the coffee machine.

"Please" Evelyn replies, "My cheeks hurt from smiling is that normal?"

"Why force yourself to smile, just be yourself, don't put on an act" Taehyung chuckles and hands Evelyn the coffee.

"Isn't that what you do though?" Evelyn leans deeper into her chair and Taehyung sits on the edge of her desk.

"Well, do what I say, not what I do" He smiles and gets up at the shout of Yoongi calling for his presence, Evelyn grabs his wrist.

'But by doing that, you out of the rest, stuck on to him, why?'

"You're going too, right?" She asks, to which he nods carefully, "Would I be able t-"

"Evelyn, I'm sorry but don't over step your boundaries" Taehyung warns, yet smiles brightly, he throws his full coffee in the bin and enters Yoongi's office.

"Why sound so scary but smile like that, you psychopath" Evelyn whispers to herself and drinks her coffee.

"Say if you were someone with power, how would you end a long term feud quietly?" Yoongi asks.

"Hire an assassin" Taehyung replies cheerfully.

"An assassin right?" Yoongi says as he got up from his chair, "It's time."

Yoongi leaves his office followed by Taehyung and walks towards the elevator. Evelyn stands up from her seat and follows behind them.

"Yoongi, after we attend the meeting you've been called to atten-"

"We?" Yoongi scoffs, "There's no 'we' in this, I'm doing this alone."

"But I'm your assisst-"

"Not by choice" He shouted as the elevator door opens, causing numerous faces of staff to turn and look at their direction and Taehyung to sigh in disappointment, "Now, whatever I do outside this building does not concern a single fucking cell of you" He said calmly and left the elevator.

"I told you not to push it" Taehyung says fixing his glasses and follows Yoongi.

"T-taehyung wait, your thingy needs fixing" Evelyn motions with her hands and she walks towards him and fixes his tie, "I'm sorry" she whispers. Taehyung nods and leaves the building.

Evelyn gets back in the elevator, and goes to her office where Mrs Greenhouse was organising papers, "Hey I'm going to have lunch early."

"Sure " Mrs Greenhouse smiles and Evelyn takes off.

"Right, Here's Hugo's autopsy, alongside all the evidence that he was behind all of it; the death of his brother, the trafficking, and slave labour."Yoongi says as Taehyung spreads all the evidence on the large table.

"The death of his brother was here - obvious case of assassination" Rm pin points on the map.

"Taehyung get me in touch with professional assassins under my name as soon as possible."

"Wait Suga, You've tried this case multiple times, don't link the obvious, we all know the brother - Hayden Simpson - was assassinated. Hugo wouldn't have killed his brother simply because of a feud, they were still brothers." Rm states.

"He's right, they grew up together despite their hatred" Jin confirms as he holds the pictures of the two deceased.

"Anyone does shit for money" Suga says in frustration "Anyone does shit for money... J-Hope get me information from any rivals Hayden had, anyone that could possibly have anything about him"

"I think if you want to solve this, you gotta start from the bottom, not the limited police bottom but our bottom" Jimin smirks as he circles Hayden Simpson's name is red felt tip.

"I've got one, who has worked for Hugo Simpson" Taehyung returns from his phone call, "But he apparently committed suicide, a month before Hayden's death"

"What type of suicide?" Jungkook asks

"Overdose of potassium, apparently he soaked himself in gasoline and lit himself on fire but resulted in failed-suicide as he got taken to a hospital in time. He spent 1 day in the burnt unit and ICU, however October 29th he was found dead, autopsy results in overdose of potassium - however no syringe was found present - police ruled it as suicide"

"That sounds like, there was a corrupt police officer who took money to close the case quietly and it did, how can a man get injected with potassium without the syringe being present? You die almost instantly of a cardiac arrest. If there's anyone who I despise the most, it's corrupted police ew" Jin points out, causing all heads to turn towards his direction, "I had a life you know, I went to medical school for 4 years but dropped out...medicine is interesting" Jin declares his hands rising in defence.

"If he was injected with potassium by an unknown person, that suggests they killed him early to prevent him from speaking. But about what?" J-hope asked, while looking up from his laptop - where he was completing the task given.

"We need the who before we get the why, so who injected him with potassium?" Taehyung asks.

"That's what we're about to find out" Suga responds.

~End of Chapter 6~