chapter 14

Today is the day.

It one of the most heartbreaking days of the year.

My mums birthday.

It had always been hard ever since she died because every year before she passed we always went out of town to a park of something adventurous and no matter how old we got it was the best.

But now she's gone.

And it hurt a lot but I can't really change anything, unfortunately.

I had got out of bed and ready for work. I was sat eating some coco pops when Dylan came out of his room in his work clothes and gave me a large hug.

"Hey, I know the date you need anything I am a phone call away" he whispered into my ear.

"I know I gotta go meet the boys before work like we planned I'll see you later," I said.

"Have a good day give a hug for jay and will for me please".

"Yeh, no problem," I said.

I walked out of the building and into my car to drive to the cemetery where I was going to meet the boys. I had stopped at a flower shop to get mums favourite flowers lilies.

When I arrived I saw both boys talking to each other holding flowers.

I walked over to them and gave them a big hug each.

"You ready" will asked his younger siblings

"As ready as I'll ever be" jay mumbled we all went down and there she was

𝒌𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅
1967-2015
𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒛𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒖𝒔𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒅𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓

"Happy birthday mum," we all said setting our flowers down.

We all sat down on the floor in front of the grave. Even though it was the middle of December we didn't care

"I see dad turned up," jay said pointing to the flowers clearly from our father.

"No surprise he didn't come with us I did ask him but he was just been arrogant as usual" will said.

"Yeh," I whispered.

We were there a while sharing stories until will left and it was just me and jay.

We hadn't realised that we were three hours late to work and the entire team had tracked our phone and was making their way down to the grave.

"Do you remember every year at Christmas she would make us wear matching pyjamas on Christmas eve"

"Yeh and it took her about a week to convince dad to wear it"

We laughed and I said " she literally chance you are the house for two hours on Christmas eve night whilst you were in your boxers because you didn't want to were them"

"How old were we," he asked.

"Urm you were eleven I was ten I think and will be thirteen fourteen," I said.

"So you were eleven runnings away from mum because you didn't want to wear clothes. to bed I mean I would expect that from you when we were like five but eleven haha god" I laughed