part 26

it had been two weeks and I had finally been allowed to go back to work after been cleared by Dr Charles.

*the other day*

I knocked on the door to Doctor Charles office and heard a small come in from the other side.

"hello Maddie how are you," he said.

"I'm good how are you" I replied sitting in front of his desk.

"I m great but we are talking about you today so how about we talk about you what have you been doing these two weeks," he asked.

"am not very productive I and adam have been discussing the situation when the baby comes if we are going to live at his or mine buy our place, me and Dylan have been very successful in our project and mainly hanging out with the team at our apartment," I said.

"sounds great but how have you been dealing with the aftermath of Yates," he said.

"umm its been hard very hard especially at night I have been going around making sure I have locked every window door in the apartment I have bought extra locks on doors and windows and nightmares have been quite frequent and after I have one I won't be able to sleep again," I said.

"well that is understandable after what you went through I understand that now you are pregnant you are limited with the medication you are allowed to take so I have decided to lower all of your current medication and we are going to start you on a small dose of benzodiazepines to help with your sleeping and if it isn't working we will up the dose a bit but these pills are very addictive and it can cause some problems with your other medication if taken too much so please watch when you take them," he said.

"got it," I said fully understanding.

"okay seems as though this has nothing involving your work so I will let you go back to work on Monday but I expect a weekly visit just until we can get you off the benzos," he said.

**

I had walked into the precinct to see it as busy as always and that Roman and Burgess was at the front desk talking to Platt, I tried to sneak past Platt but it didn't work.

"hey, female Halstead ass here please," she said.

I walked over to her and said "hello sarge how can I help you"

"one welcome back and two you look like crap did you even sleep last night," she asked.

"well I have been given benzo to sleep but it doesn't help when you have a fetus inside you causing your temperature to change every five minutes and make you pee," I said.

"Are you getting sick at all?" she asked.

"nope I don't I went to my ob and they said it was rare but possible," I said.

"Yeah, you did get lucky. anyway, get up there they want to see their favourite Halstead" she said pointing to the stairs.'

I nodded and went up there seeing everyone around the board looking at a case so I quietly sat down and got on with some work.

when they were finished they turned around and saw me sat there.

"hey, kid" Alvin said.

"sup," i said.

"how long have you been here," Erin asked

"I don't know like 20 minutes I mean aren't you suppose to be the best detectives and you can't even notice come in and I wasn't being quiet either," I said.