chapter 22- PART ONE

HELLO EVERYONE THIS WILL BE THE EPISODE OF 'THE SONG OF GREGORY WILLIAM YATES' HOPE YOU ENJOY.

2 months later:

it was just a normal night I was sat on the sofa curled up to adam and Rocket next to me when the news came on 

"breaking news Greg yates has escaped prison in New York today," the news reporter said carrying on with the information.

I sat up from adam and looked at him from the T v and said "oh shit"

*at the precinct*

everyone was at the station I was sat in my chair in some comfy clothes waiting to be briefed.

"Greg yates escaped custody last night in upstate New York after killing two state troopers, two coneletric workers, and a camper, and shooting Sargent Dodds," Antonio said to everyone. "Dodds hell makes a full recovery, thank god" he also said.

"and yates?" adam asked.

"Pennsylvania troopers found the pickup truck abandoned on a state road," jay said. "sate forensics lifted yates' prints and motorist there IDed yates as the pretending to have car trouble and knocking him out to take his car"

"he repeated the pattern in Ohio and Indiana lat vehicle brought him to the Illinois border. crime lab confirmed yates' prints but there are no leads after that" Antonio said.

"yeh except one" Voight butted in. "Erin. the reason yates is here" 

"no. he's just trying to get in our heads," she said "we put a bolo, investigative alert, and AMBER alerts on the vehicle troopers are watching every highway coming into Chicago"

"new york svu is carl Rudnick, the guy yates escaped with, who is back in custody. lieutenant Benson will be in touch when they have anything to report" Antonio said.

"well until then I want us on every transient hotel, shelter, food bank in the city remember this guy will kill or maim to get what he wants," Voight said.

"hey flag the credit cards of the vehicle owners see if there was a haven he used last time he was here... alright let's get on it" Voight aid.

everyone went back to the desks to find anything on yates

"how's your knee" jay asked Erin walking over to her desk.

"it's okay... I'm fine" she said trying to convince him.

"Alright, I'm gonna run with the carjacking victims. see if he grabbed any phones" he said walking off.

"okay..thanks, "she said sitting down at her desk.

whilst we were all working our sources to find Yates he was off to find his next victims.

"so Rudnick said that yates befriended a guard who slipped him a contraband phone," Benson said. who was on facetime with Voight "we found this in his cell with a search triangulating a Chicago neighbourhood I'm texting you a screenshot that we recovered"

"you got it," Voight asked Antonio.

"south loop. around 16th and Indiana," he replied.

"that's near your apartment," Voight said to Erin as I was sat on voights sofa in his office watching this go down.

"It doesn't mean anything," she said back to him.

"Erin," he said back to her but getting cut off by Trudy coming into his office.

"hank, burgess and roman just made notification of a triple homicide all in one apartment building, fourth women hanging on. all female all nurses this sounds like your guy," she said.