chapter 3

I was driving through Chicago heading to district 21, where my brother worked, I suddenly felt my heart raising. I'm terrified of his reaction would he be happy that I came to nack or disappointed the fact that I had left and come back after 5 full years be and also his co-workers they probably some wannabe mistake that my parents didn't want and is begging for attention or money.

Once I had pulled up to the car park I heard my apple watch vibrate, it was a reminder to take my horrible medication.

𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌:

12 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒂𝒈𝒐

" 𝒉𝒊 𝒎𝒔 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒊 𝒂𝒎 𝑫𝒓 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒃 𝑱𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒖𝒍𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒊𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒙𝒊𝒆𝒕𝒚, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒅𝒈𝒆 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒊𝒂, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒚 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒕 𝒂 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒂 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒂 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒙𝒊𝒆𝒕𝒚 ." 𝒎𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒔.

"𝑼𝒓𝒎𝒎 𝒚𝒆𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖" 𝒊 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒅

𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌

I took the medication that I needed to take and got out of my car, I walked up the outside of the district and saw uniformed officers coming in and out looking like they were all in a rush, I took a large breath in and out and walked inside.

I got to the district and looked then notice the desk sergeant she had grey hair and quite a lot of wrinkles she had glasses on and was glued to the newspaper. I walled up to the desk sergeant and said " urrm hi I am here to see detective Jay Halstead"

she took her glasses off and looked at me " ok well they are just doing a bunch of paperwork today so it won't be a problem do you mind if I get your name" she said in a stern voice

" yeh I'm Maddison Halstead"

the sergeant looked at me with a confusing look washing over her face when I said my name " your l related to Jay?" she asked

" yeh he's....urm...well he's my... urm big brother"

the desk sergeant was completely shocked " wait are you sure you have the right person jay doesn't have a sister well that I know off .. wait I see the resemblance now the freckles and the eyes"

"yeah I haven't been in Chicago for quite a lot of years and I decided it was time to come back to my family. Everyone says that about the freckles when we were younger they were known as the Halstead freckles" I replied.