chapter 5

Once I had arrived at my apartment I walk to the bathroom and took a good hot shower.

I got out of the shower curled my hair and left my face bare with no make-up on showing all of my freckles. I then went to my wardrobe and picked a nice simple outfit, ripped black jeans, a white crop top, a leather jacket and some vans shoes and I also put on my favourite anklet that my mum gave me for my 15th birthday.

i then got my phone vibrated there was a message from Will.

𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙: "ℎ𝑒𝑦! 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 𝑖𝑛 10 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑒𝑠"

𝑚𝑒: "𝑜𝑘 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑚 𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢"

𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙: ":)"

I then grabbed my phone, keys and spare cash from the counter and walked out of my apartment when I left my apartment complex Will was in his car waiting he beeped and I walked over to get into the passenger seat.

"hey how was work," I said to will

"it was okay a bit slow towards the end but ok, how was seeing jay and mouse. How did they take it" he replied

"Uh well very well actually I met everyone they work with talked about what I have been doing for the past five years let them ask any questions and it was fine. guess what the first question was" I said laughing.

"that's good, let me guess it was some sarcastic comment from one of the lads," he said focusing on the road.

" It was from that adam Ruzek he said are you single and can I get your number. Also what bar are we heading to"

"wow really haha adam yeah he is a player for sure try and avoids him you don't want to fall in bed with him. And also the bar is called Molly's it is owned by some firefighters at firehouse 51 a lot of people that are first responders that go there I have convinced everyone to come tonight so i can introduce you to them and we are here"

we pulled up to the bar it was quite small and cosy on the outside, I jumped out of the passenger seat and walked in with wills arm around my shoulder.

There was quite a lot of people here I saw some people from intelligence and some firefighter as well.

we walked up to the bar and an older gentlemen came up to us and said "will want can I get you and I haven't seen you before"

"hey, Herman can I get to beers please and this is my baby sister Maddison" will said

"wait wait wait there is another Halstead sibling," he said quite loudly that everyone heard.

"Did I just hear that correct another Halstead" lieutenant Mathew Casey said?

at that point, everyone was completely silent and looking at me.

"Yeh guess this is mine and jays little sister Maddison. Maddison these are firehouse 51, the people I work with and you already met intelligence" will said pointing to everyone.

"Hey everyone doesn't ask why they never mentioned me because I haven't been in Chicago for a while," I said really nervously.

"I met you today at med I have a couple of things to ask.
1. Are you stubborn like your brothers
2.are you accident pron like jay
3.And if so do we need to give you a parking space at med.
Lastly what it like having two brothers like will and jay" maggie said in the corner making everyone laugh but will and jay and will pitting his head in my shoulder.

I put my hand on wills head and said "I sorta stubborn but not as much as these knuckleheads, um no I don't get hurt at all and I might need a parking space from how many time freckles comes in the hospital. Growing up with them wasn't that bad I was really close with jay, Will and I was a bit distant because of the age and when we were teenagers if they pissed me off I would beat their asses"

everyone started laughing and jay  piped up and said " wow wow wow you didn't beat our asses"

"do you want me to tell then all the stories because I have a fair share especially thanksgiving," I said giving jay the 'i am very serious face'

and both brothers shouted "NO!!"

Causing everyone to laugh their heads off.

"that's what I thought," I said. 

after a good couple of hours of me talking to people and getting to know all the new faces, i met lots of new people

firehouse 51 I met:

Christopher Hermann
chief Wallace Boden
Lieutenant Mathew Casey
Leutentant kelly severide
Gabby Dawson
Sylvie brett
Stella Kidd
Otis
mouch
Cruz

From med I met:

Natalie manning *wills partner*
Maggie Lockwood
Ethan Choi
Connor Rhodes
Ava becker
Sarah Reese
Noah sexton
April sexton
Dr Charles

and loads more

Two hours later:

I was sat at the table with Will, mouse and jay and I excused myself to got to the bathroom and I had left my phone at the table I had forgotten what time it was and my phone alarm went off with a notification saying take medication.

"medication Will did mads ever mention taking meds," jay said looking concerned.

"no I don't but I could take a look tomorrow at whats she's taking" will say.

"Guys I don't think you should do that she has just got back she doesn't want us to overstep boundaries and lose our trust so then she goes back to Indiana for another 5 years. instead of invading her privacy, we should calmly talk to her about it or maybe I should seem as tho you two are protective freaks" mouse said looking at them both.

"yeh I guess your right mouse but maKe sure you convince her to tell us" will said.

"don't worry about it" mouse replied.

I then arrive back from the toilets and mouse said " your phone buzzed a couple of times might be texted messages"

I looked at my phone seeing the notification that I need to take my medication and I start to panic what if they saw it? They will have so many questions? Will they be mad?

"urrm yeh thanks its just Rocket asking for facetime I think I'm going to call it a night," I said with a shaky voice

"do you want me to drive you home"will offer?

"no, I'm okay ill just call a cab urmm yeh  See you guys soon" I replied giving the boys each a hug and then a kiss on the cheek and said goodbye to everyone and rushed into a cab because I hadn't brought my medication with me and I didn't want to have an episode.

once I arrived at my apartment complex I quickly paid the driver and ran inside and up the stairs to my apartment. I sprinted inside my apartment and quickly took my meds.

I was out of breath from running and being scared of what could have happened.

I then walk to the fridge and opened it to grab some random food that was in there seems as tho I haven't gone properly shopping yet. Once I had finished I walked into my room got into my pj's and dived into bed when my head hit the pillow I was in a deep sleep. Today was an amazing day I am so happy.

but what I didn't know is what drama tomorrow comes.

_________________________________________

𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘁.

𝗣𝗹𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗴𝗴𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗼  𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁.

𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘅𝘅𝘅