chapter 56

it had been a couple of days since the tension in intelligence between both Voight and Jay. since then I had been working from home since Maisie's daycare had a bad sickness and she, unfortunately, caught it.

I was on my computer as  Maisie was napping when got a phone call from Hailey.

"hey, Hailey what's up" I answered.

"hey mads how's Maisie doing," she asked.

"she's alright getting there just a day or two and she will be back to herself," I said.

"that's good how little one," she asked.

"peanut is good riggling about as per usual," I said. we had told well not tod but people found out about the baby in the last couple of days.

"That's good anyways Voight has asked me if you are able to come round to the district something is wrong with the computers," she asked.

"what about Maisie," I asked.

"bring her round we aren't doing a case today and I'm sure the lads need a bit of a cheer up," she said.

"ok I will be round after she is done with her nap," I said and hung up.

I put my phone down and sighed I got up and decided to get ready and get bag ready for Maisie.

once I was ready I heard Maisie over the baby monitor. I got off my bed and walked across the hall and walked into Maisie's room.

"hey baby," I said and she was bouncing up and down.

I picked her up and put her on the floor #. she walked about a little and grab a toy and sat down.

I got her a shirt and some trousers for her "come on babe we gonna go see daddy" I said and she turned on her but towards me.

"dada," she said and I nodded. she walked over to me and I got her dressed and all sorted. we both slowly walked down the stairs and I got her into the car and we drove down to the district.

one we got there I carried her into the district and Platt instantly came round the front of her desk and took Maisie from me.

"hi," Maisie said to Platt and hugged her.

"hi, sweetie," she said to her and turned to me.

"how you doing," she asked me.

"very pregnant" I said.

"come don't there wait on us," she said and we walked up the stairs.

everyone was sitting at their desks and Adam walked out of the breakroom catching Maisie attention.

"dada" she shouted getting out of Platts's arms and toddling to Adam and he picked her up.

"hi baby girl" he said kissing her head and walking over to me.

"How are you two doing," he said putting his hand on my stomach,

"We are good how are you," I asked and he said great.

"hey Maddie how are you doing," Voight asked.

"I'm good what do you need me to do," I said.

"ill show you," he said and he lead me down to the garage and into the tech office.

"so what's up with the computers"  asked.

"the update that you installed hasn't been cooperating its been buffering and just being a pain in the ass," he said.

"alright l have a look and see what I can do," I said and he left me two.

it only took me about two hours to get it all up and working like it was before all it needed was an update and was good as new.

I walked back up the stair and noticed everyone still working.

"so I fixed it for you," I said leaning on the door frame.

"how's what was up with it," Hailey asked me.

"These magic fingers right here and a magician never tells their secrets," I said.

Thanks, Maddie," Voight said.

"no problem also where is Maisie," I asked and Hailey pointed to Jay who had a sleeping Maisie on his chest.

"she behaves," I asked.

"good as always she's your daughter," Jay said.

"I'm glad she has my behaviour gene," I said and went to go pick her up but Jay moved his chair so I couldn't get to her.

"sh can stay with me for the rest of the day," he said kissing her head.

"you sure," I asked and he nodded

"anyway it'll give you the time to go to your appointment," he said.

"What appointment," I asked.

"baby appointment," he said.

"that's today," I said turning to Adam and he nodded.

"I thought that was tomorrow," I asked.

"it originally was but we changed it," he said.

"ah ok what time is it still at 3," I said and he nodded. I looked at my phone and he said.

"We best be off then," he said and I nodded.

we walked down the stairs and got into Adams's car and drove to the doctor's.

"Sorry I forgot about the appointment," I said and looked towards him.

"Hey, it's perfectly fine you have had a lot on with Maisie being ill and then with work, I don't blame you but we are going now," he said.

"This is the appointment we find out if it's a baby girl or baby boy," I said and we both smiled.

"boy or girl," he said.

"boy 100% what about you," I said 

"oh yeh, a boy without a doubt," he said and parked the car.

we walked into the doctor and the appointment went as smoothly as possible the ob put the gender inside an envelope so then we could give it to Platt and she could set up a little gender party as we did with Maisie.

we drove back to the district so I could pick up munchkin and Adam could get back to work.

"soi think you have a little gift for me," Platt said and I handed the envelope to Platt.

"wow I hold a big secret right here," she said.

"yes you do," I said.

"and you'll both find out tomorrow," she said and we walked upstairs to see Maisie wide awake and sitting in the middle of the bull pin playing with a toy off of someone's desk.

"How did it go," Kim asked.

"We have a very healthy baby in here," I said pointing to my bump.

"that's great," she said smiling.

I looked towards Maisie to see her looking at me holding up her arms wanting to be picked up.

"I can't pick you up Maisie go to dada he can give me you," I said and she walked over to dam who picked her up and placed her in my arms.

"We gonna go home get some food," I said to Maisie and she nodded.

I looked at Adam and he said.

"ill come round tomorrow morning," he said handing me the bag and I walked out saying goodbye to everyone. Once we were at home I gave Maisie some lunch and for the rest of the day she played whilst I got caught up on work