Chapter Thirteen

Ok i've realised i never named the parents-
Tine's parents: Chailai Teepakorn (Mother) and Klahan Teepakorn (Father)
Sarawat's parents: Aranya Guntithanon (Mother) and Panit Guntithanon (Father)

Tine's POV

Upon entering the palace I was greeted by many people as I passed by on my way to my parents room.

As I neared the door I could hear muffled voices from the room, so intent on making an entrance, I swung the door open.

I mock bowed, and stood up swiftly however when seeing they had company, I fell back into a far more formal bow.

"Sorry mother, father. I did not realise you would be accompanied." I felt my nose scrunch in distaste at how stuck up I sounded.

Luckily though mother simply waved her hand at me in a 'don't worry' gesture. And out if the corner of my eye I saw my father chuckling lightly at how quickly I changed my demeanour.

Honestly there's no respect for me in this household. (T_T)

I stood up once more and subtly straightened myself out, so I looked less like a hungover mess.

Turning my head towards the guests I realised they looked quite familiar.

My parents must have sensed my confused as my mother then cleared her throat to introduce them.

"Darling, this is the King of Lupare and his wife, the Queen. They are here to discuss our plans for an alliance."

My eyes widened and I awkwardly smiled before bowing to each of them.

"My apologies your majesties."

They just smiled back as the Queen reassured me, "No need for the formality Prince Tine, you won't need it soon anyway."

I awkwardly nodded, slightly confused, but assuming if what she meant was something of importance it would be mentioned to me later.

Turning from the slightly odd royals of Lupare, I looked to my mother, questioning her reason for calling me there.

My parents shared a look, my mother seemingly indicating for my father to back down about something.

However she simply smiled at me, "Darling, in the coming week we will be holding a masquerade ball. The purpose is to welcome our esteemed guests and I trust you will help them feel at home during their stay."

Smiling politely I nodded, "Of course mother, I was unaware we planned such an event however I will try my best to assist in the preparations."

With that I swivelled round so I was facing the door once more attempting to not-so-casually plan my escape from the room.

My father seemed to notice my eagerness to leave as he clapped his hands together before announcing it was best I left so the adults could continue their conversation on the possible alliance.

I bowed politely to the King and Queen of Lupare before awkwardly backing out of the room, sending a grateful smile to my father as I shut the door behind me.

It locked with a satisfying click as I slumped against the wall.

Dramatically breathing out I succumbed to the headache slowly taking over my pounding head.

It felt like I was getting hit in the head with a sledgehammer. It wasn't completely unbearable but it certainly wasn't uncomfortable.

I began to head back to my room, my only intention being to collapse on my bed and gain my well deserved rest.