Chapter Fourteen

Hopefully i'll be updating more frequently so enjoy this chapterrrr 😌

Tine's POV

It was four days before the ball would commence.

The palace was in a flurry trying to accommodate guests and properly prepare.

I had already spoken to my mother about what my role would be in the masquerade ball, and if my appearance was mandatory.

She had smiled and simply said I only really needed to make two appearances before I could go do whatever I wished.

She said I needed to be there at the start and end. Mother wished to introduce me at the beginning and then at the end most likely wanted me to give a small speech.

I hated the idea of having to speak in front of so many people but luckily, as it was Type who was the oldest, I wouldn't have to say nearly as much as he did.

I continued walking down the hall in a slight daze, going over what I could possibly have to say, falling to notice one of the servants exiting the room to my left.

Still caught up in my thoughts instead of being able to catch myself I body slammed into him.

I awkwardly stumbled back, muttering apologies as I did so. He did the same and hurried off in the opposite direction. I just shrugged and continued my walk.

I had been instructed to go have a look around and see how the preparations were going but considering I knew nothing about balls, I always found them rather boring, I thought it'd be much better if I simply tried to find Fong or Ohm.

The other day we had struck a bet. The bet was that if I failed to find them over the course of the next few days, I would have to dress as a waiter when my presence wasn't required.

During the ball most guests would be wearing masks so it's not as though I would really be recognised.

They had come up with this over complicated game of hide and seek because the last time I had seen them we had all become slightly tipsy so for some reason I agreed to their terms.

Usually I would just back out but last time I did their teasing was so relentless I eventually gave in and accepted my fate.

It's not like this is the worst thing they could have had me do but it was starting to annoy me that I was unable to find them anywhere.

Less so because I wanted to win the bet but rather I had very few friends so their absence was staring to frustrate me.

Huffing in an annoyed manner I continued down the halls observing the preparations and checking for either of my dumbass friends wherever I could.

......................

The day of the ball had finally approached.

Much to my disappointment I hadn't so much glimpsed Fong or Ohm at all in the days since the bet was made.

So in all honesty I wasn't that surprised when I awoke and saw the waiters uniform placed on my wardrobe handle.

Cursing them silently I slipped the uniform inside the wardrobe so I could easily remove it later when I needed to.

Still in my pyjamas, ignoring the fact guests would be arriving soon, I headed down to the private kitchen.

When I entered I was met by the sight of my sneaky sister, Kelaya, perched on the countertop trying to charm her maid into giving her chocolate cereal again.

I shook my head chuckling slightly. Walking over I picked Kelaya up and placed her on my hip feeling sorry for the poor woman who had to deal with her antics.