CHAPTER 16: FERVOR GLOW

DISCLAIMER: NO, I DO NOT OWN MY HERO ACADEMIA! I ONLY OWN THIS STORY! OWNING ANYTHING ELSE WILL BE LIKE TRYING TO FIND A RARE POKEMON - IMPOSSIBLE!

Class 1A girls Gif

Superheroes by The Script

CHAPTER 16: FERVOR GLOW
_______________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV
WAKING UP SEEMED so much more painful when you felt all the pain and soreness in your body. And Kasai was exactly in that situation. Aware and conscious of where she was, the Todoroki didn't want to get up. The hospital bed felt like a cloud under her pained body, the sheets were cool and silky - just the sensation she needed after receiving burns.

However, waking up wasn't something she willingly chose. No, she woke up to the sounds of chatter. People were talking around her. So, keeping her eyes closed and breathing softly, she listens in trying to find out who's talking.

"How long did ya say she was gonna be out," Kasai immediately pinpointed the voice to Mina. The girl's diction wasn't always clear.

"She should be waking up about now," Recovery Girl assured.

"Do you think she's taking long to wake up because of the injuries to her head?" That was Ochaco, concerned for others as always.

"Probably. From our spots it didn't look as bad, but now that she's up close, they look rough," Jiro voiced.

"Well, she did put up a good fight against Bakugou. I really thought she was gonna win! Do you think she's gonna be upset that she lost to him? I knew she wanted to win," Mina questions them.

"I don't think so, ribbit. They are friends after all," Tsuyu speaks up.

Mina laughs. "What if I told you something different," she muses.

Kasai's heart stutters at that. She's aware that Mina sees something between her and Bakugou, like feelings. The girl mentally rolls her eyes at the assumption, but still, she doesn't want the others to know about it.

So, begrudgingly, the pale girl opens her eyes and immediately frowns at the brightness.

"Is it something about lowering your voice," Kasai dryly quips.

"Kasai! You're awake," Mina, Ochaco, Toru, shout in synch.

Wincing at their loud volume, she groans.

"Are you alright, Todoroki? Does your head still hurt," Momo asks, careful to not speak loudly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks, Yaoyorozu," she smiles before shooting narrowed looks at the other three.

They reply with a meek 'sorry'. With the help of the ravenette, Kasai sits up on the bed, and looks around, noticing that she's in the infirmary. Though, unlike last time, she's the one on the bed. Trying move her arms, the girl winces at the pain. Looking down, she sees that they're freshly wrapped with clean bandages, and even thicker time time. Even her fingers are wrapped.

Definitely pushed myself too far, she grimaces.

"Ah, you're awake now." Recovery Girl speaks up, buying everyone's attention. "When I told you to be considerate of the new level of heat, I wasn't telling you to carelessly use your blue flames. You're lucky you didn't receive more severe damage to your skin. However, using the blue fire with your fresh wounds, you gave yourself some nerve damage - which I healed. Though, you will be extremely sore for the next few days so I suggest you keep your arm movements limited! No carrying excessive weight, no straining activities, even moving your arms should be prohibited."