CHAPTER 6: BOILING POINT

DISCLAIMER: NO, I DO NOT OWN MY HERO ACADEMIA, BUT DO I WISH AND DREAM THAT I DO? OF COURSE, BUT SADLY - I DON'T.

A/N: SORRY - AGAIN - ABOUT THE LONG OVERDUE WAIT. BUT *sighs* I PROCRASTINATE TOO MUCH, EVEN MORE SO WHEN I'M WORKING.

Playing With Fire by BLACKPINK

CHAPTER 6: BOILING POINT
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV
IT WAS THAT same day, right after lunch, when Mr. Aizawa announced that they had another hero course lesson. Kasai was silent throughout the explanation, her thoughts lingering on a certain useless sparkler. For the first time, in their rivaled existence, they managed several minutes to talk and chat. She shared her thoughts about becoming the best, or in specific terms, beating her brother in her one sided rivarly. The girl told Bakugou that with Shoto, she always felt stuck inside his shadow seeing how their father only paid attention to him.

That's why she always broke rules, a way to try and get her father's attention. No matter what trouble she caused, he still thought the same - that she was mediocre. She hated that her brother got the praise and devotion from their father just because he has two quirks.

Kasai tried. She always tries to catch up. She tries to burn bright and become an illuminating flare of light in her brother's dark and insanely long shadow. The girl worked herself to the bone, pushing herself to become better. She muttered a string of curses whenever she grew angry and failed any technique, crying in frustration that her father's words rang in her ears.

She hated it.

However, confiding with Bakugou, it seemed that the anger coursing through her body lightened just a bit. An inch of ease. Very little, but still so much in her favor.

Anyways, as she sits in her seat - next to her brother, Kasai focuses her turquoise gaze upon her teacher. Even when looking to the front, she could still feel the glancing looks that her brother is giving her. She's confused as to why he's paying her any mind, he usually tends to ignore her. What changed, she ponders.

"It was decided you'll be supervised by a three-man team comprising of me, All Might, and somebody else," Aizawa explains.

The white haired Todoroki narrows her eyes. She's aware that they'll be doing another hero based lesson, but what exactly? And why the extra person? Does the person specialize in the area that is their lesson? Where will the lesson take place? In the on-city site like their previous lesson?

Fortunately, for her restless mind, Sero asks almost as if reading her mind. "Sensei, what'll we be doing?!" The student exclaims.

"Be the hero that everyone needs. Whether it's a flood, or any other disaster. It's the trial of rescue," Aizawa informs by showing the lesson card.

Kasai tightens her lips, not frowning nor smiling. Thinking about it, the girl knows that her quirk is more adept to combat rather than rescueing. However, if she really thinks about it, she's sure she could come up with some ideas on how to incorporate her quirk into rescueing.

Depends on the area of rescue. If they were in a frozen tundra, she could use her fire to melt away at the ice, or use her heat to warm the survivors so they don't freeze to death. If they were buried under collapsed buildings, she could use the fire to burn new exits like she did in the combat lesson - the windows, or to make a source of light - a flare, so other heroes can find them. She can make fires. She can burn things. She can maintain warmth.