CHAPTER 12: CONFLAGRATION

DISCLAIMER: NO, I STILL DON'T HAVE OWNERSHIP OVER My Hero Academia! I ONLY OWN THIS AWESOME BOOK, MY AWESOME CHARACTER, AND MY SOMEWHAT AWESOME LIFE :D

Burn by Ellie Goulding

CHAPTER 12: CONFLAGRATION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV
WHEN THE CAVALRY battle came to an end, and the top four teams were announced to move on into the next round, they were given a lunch break before the rest of the festival commenced. Kasai gave her gratitude to Yaoyorozu as Iida talked with Uraraka, telling the ravenette that they wouldn't have reached first place if it wasn't for her help and skills. Parting from the crowd, the pale teened girl makes her way towards the cafeteria for food, especially after burning herself out with the constant use of her quirk.

With the Obstacle Race and the Cavalry Battle, her skin became irritated with minor burns and her palms have tiny blisters from the heat of her flames. Maybe after refueling with some food she could pay a visit to Recovery Girl. Nodding to the plan, she waits in line for lunch as the other students also hustle around to eat.

Grabbing a bowl of white rice with a side of two meat buns and a can of strawberry juice, Kasai quickly takes a seat at an empty table. Though, soon enough, she's being surrounded by her classmates who also sit down with their lunches. They greeted her with smiles and she gave them all a nod of acknowledgement.

"So, Kasai, you sure surprised us when you teamed up with your brother. Especially after your declaration to beat him," Tsuyu states, looking at the female Todoroki.

She glances at the ravenette, and simply shrugs. "That only happened because we had a common enemy with Midoriya, but yes, it surprised me, too," she says before sipping on her juice.

"If you don't mind me asking, were you and your brother always so...hostile," Uraraka questions shyly, pointing her two index fingers together.

By now, their whole table is listening which makes Kasai slightly grimace. "Um..not really. We got along when we were young children, if that answers your question."

"Then, why the hostility," Mina voices out.

"To put it simply, I got jealous."

"Jealous?!" the brunette of the girls exclaims. "Why? because he has two quirks?"

Kasai smirks, giving a small bitter laugh. "No, well...somewhat. Because he had two quirks, he also got our father's full attention, and since he already had our mother's attention, it kind of left me in the dark yearning for some sort of affection. Of course, I had older siblings to compensate for my loneliness, especially my oldest brother, but it's not the same as having a parent doting after you. Shoto got the praise, the attention, all of it, and eventually I grew bitter because of it - causing our relationship to grow estranged," she sighs out, poking at her rice.

"Hence you making the declaration to beat him, to show that you're better than him," Tsuyu says, looking at the brooding girl.

"Yup. To show him that even if I didn't get the attention or training that he did, I can prove to Shoto that I'm better than him. I'll show both him and my father that I'm the one to beat, and nothing will stop me!" Kasai declares fiercely, her locks bursting into flames with determination.

"That's a lot a pressure, are you sure you can do it," Mina questions bluntly.

Kasai's flames die out as her shoulders slump. "You sure know how to kill the mood, Ashido," the Todoroki retorts, returning to her lunch.