CHAPTER 18: DAYBREAK

DISCLAIMER: WILL I GO ON AN ADVENTURE AND FIND A MAGICAL TREASURE THAT CAN SOMEHOW TRANSFER ME INTO THE BNHA WORLD? SADLY NO, BECAUSE THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS MAGIC, AND I DON'T OWN THE ANIME *cries* T^T

A/N: I sincerely apologize for the unintentional year, almost two, long hiatus that I took, but life's pretty hectic and I hardly had time to sit down and write a chapter. But I am back!

Midnight Sky by Miley Cyrus

Chapter 18: Daybreak
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV
THE NEXT TWO days breezed by quickly as the rest of Class 1A picked their offered internships. Saturday and Sunday was like a hazy dream to Kasai as she barely recalls it, nothing interesting and just bland enough to blend into the background, long forgotten. All for the sole fact that her attention was directed towards Monday, where they will finally start their internship.

To say the least, Kasai was very excited, and that's putting it mildly.

The teenager was beaming, radiant with glee as she thinks about starting her hero career. By means, this opportunity was a push to becoming the hero she aspires to be, the hero she's always dreamed of. With this, she can finally step out from the dark and long shadow of her father. Where she can be free from his stealing and tarnishing gaze that once stripped her from all her achievements. He will no longer step on her hard work and destroy her self esteem.

No, because with this internship, she will rebuild and heal every piece of herself that he ruined with his scalding words. The words that branded her insecurities like harsh burns. Therefore, like pure daylight to dark shadows, Kasai will expel his bad influence out of her life.

Talking of her father, Kasai practically ignored his existence during the weekend. If they were in the same room, it was pure silence, just thick with uncomfortable tension, yet equally scalding with a raging aminosity. If her hatred with Shoto was unbearable, then her anger towards her father was unfathomable. Their silence was so aggressive that anyone else in the room would have thought that the two, and the whole room, would burst into hot fiery flames and burn everything down. Kasai was still enraged that her father didn't even offer her an internship. Like what the hell, his hero agency is powered with several sidekicks with fire quirks - like Burnin', but no, not even an explanation. Just total exclusion.

If he wants to play the game of rejection, then two can play that game, Kasai scoffs, disregarding his entire presence. Endeavor, who? Enji Todoroki? I don't know him.

So, as Monday came by, she followed with her usual morning routine, with the exception of packing clothes into her backpack instead of her school supplies. Today's the day where she finally gets to start her internship. Her steps were light and giddy, copying her emotions of excitement. Kasai's whole face was glowing with a smile, feeling genuine happiness.

Skipping out of her room, she prances into the kitchen to eat a breakfast that Fuyumi is currently making. The youngest Todoroki can smell the scents of grilled salmon, the steamed rice, the miso soup, the tamagoyaki, and the pickled vegetables. The sight of the traditional breakfast makes her mood lift even more. Taking a seat next to Shoto, she gives him a nod as a greeting since he's too busy eating.

"So, what's the occasion that's making you smile this morning," a voice asks her from across the kotatsu table.

Kasai smirks, looking up and meeting grey eyes. "What, I can't smile, Natsuo-nii? Is it a crime? Am I not allowed," she muses.