Bishop's Daughter

While you sat on the couch drinking the tea that Chucky brought you, EZ was in Templo filling Bishop in.

"Prospect, how the hell do you know my daughter? And what the fuck happened to her?"

"I don't really know her. I accidentally bumped into her outside Pop's shop the other day, but that was it. She called Pop today and asked him to come pick her up from the hospital. Said her boyfriend beat the shit out of her and she was scared to go home. He cut her off from everyone. She didn't know who to call. She goes into Pop's shop a couple times a week, so she hoped he could help. He sent me to get her. She said she had nowhere to go, so I brought her here. I didn't know she was your daughter until we were pulling through the gate. I don't think she'd even noticed my kutte, because she asked about it as we were coming in. She told me her dad was a Mayan. When I asked who, she said you. I brought her inside, and you know the rest."

"Thank you for helping her. Do you know anything about this pendejo? I'm going to go kill a motherfucker for laying hands on my daughter."

"I don't. She told me he cut her off from everyone. They moved here when he got a job at the hospital 6 months ago. No clue where they were before that. I don't know his name or anything. She said she didn't know you were here."

Bishop just nodded, before clapping EZ on the back.

"I really appreciate you taking care of her. I've been trying to find her for a couple years."

The two men walked out of Templo together. Bishop headed to you while EZ headed to the bar. You sat forward when your dad sat next to you.

"I'm sorry I didn't call, daddy. He wouldn't let me. I didn't know you were here. I tried to find you and padrino. I wanted help. I wanted out. I didn't know how to find you. I tried, daddy. I promise I tried." You started crying again. Bishop pulled you into his side, and let you cry.

"Shhh, bebita. You have nothing to be sorry for. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I'm going to protect you now. I need to know everything about this pendejo so I can take care of him."

You started to shut down when you were trying to tell your dad about your boyfriend. You were shaking and crying and he couldn't seem to get you to calm down. EZ came over with another cup of tea, and you collapsed into his arms as he crouched down to set it on the table. He wrapped his arms around you and lifted you up, and sat down on the couch with you in his lap. You curled yourself into a ball and cried harder. You didn't know why, but you felt so safe with EZ. Safer than you'd ever felt before. You stopped shaking and your crying seemed to stop. EZ looked down and saw that you'd fallen asleep on him. He looked at Bishop, who was looking at him, evaluating him and the way he was treating you.

"What do you want me to do, Prez?"

"Take her to my dorm. She can sleep in there, and we will figure things out when she wakes up."

EZ nodded before standing up and carrying you down the hall to your dad's dorm. As he was laying you down on the bed, you started to wake up.

"Please stay with me, Ezekiel. I don't want to be alone."

EZ hesitated. It's not that he didn't want to stay with you. He already felt protective over you. He wasn't sure what it was, but he just wanted to take care of you. However, he wasn't sure what Bishop would have to say about him staying with you.

"I don't know if I should. I don't think your dad will like that very much."

"Please? You make me feel safe. Please stay with me."

You didn't realize it, but your dad had come down the hallway and heard the exchange between the two of you.

"Prospect, if she wants you to stay, then stay. Whatever she needs. Got it?"

"Yes sir."

"Thank you, daddy. I don't know why, but Ezekiel makes me feel safe. I don't want to be in here alone. I'm so scared that he's going to find me, daddy."

"I'll keep you safe. I promise. Just ask for whatever you need, Princesa."

You smiled at the nickname everyone called you as a child. You'd grown up with the club. It was only when you'd gone to college that you'd fallen out of touch with everyone.

"Can he lay with me? I don't want you to get mad at him. Please?"

Bishop nodded, then kissed you on the forehead, before walking out the door. He needed a drink and to hit something. He couldn't believe someone had laid hands on his daughter like that.

You looked at EZ, who was standing somewhat awkwardly by the door.

"You don't have to, but I would like it very much if you would lay with me."

He smiled at you before slipping his boots off and climbing on the bed next to you. He stayed on top of the covers while you were under them. You scooted over so you were pressed against him. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders, and you rested your face against his chest.

"Thank you, Ezekiel. I'm sorry you are having to play babysitter. I can't explain it though. Since we bumped into each other on Tuesday, I hadn't been able to get you out of my head. I just feel drawn to you."

"Me too, querida. I was at Pop's shop today hoping to see you when you came for your order. That's why I was there when you called. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you either."

You snuggled a little closer, prompting him to tighten his hold on you. The two of you quietly talked for awhile, before you fell asleep in his arms.

A few hours later, you woke up to find EZ asleep with both arms wrapped around you. It felt so good to be held by him. Your arm was wrapped around his waist and your head was tucked under his chin. You felt him start to stir, and you held tighter when he tried to shift away.

"No, stay. Please. I like it when you hold me."  He nodded and kept his arms around you.

Neither of you knew it, but Bish had come in to check on you about an hour before, and had seen the way the two of you were wrapped around each other. He didn't know what to make of the situation. Nobody was good enough for his girl, but the Prospect was a good guy. Loyal, protective, and smart. He couldn't ask for much more than that for you. He didn't know what was going on with the two of you, but he decided to stay out of the way if you wanted to try to be together. He wanted you to be happy.