Happily Ever After

The two of you spent the rest of the night just being together. EZ held you in his arms as you whispered back and forth the things you wanted for your future. You asked him to officially move in with you. He asked you to marry him as soon as possible.

You didn't want to go to work Friday. You wanted to stay in bed all day with your man. However, he needed to get to the scrapyard, and you couldn't exactly play hookie. Not when you'd only been back a few months.

When you got there, your coworker came up to you right away. You were on edge when you saw him. You really didn't want to deal with drama.

"I really liked you, but I saw you yesterday with that biker. Even if you weren't with him anymore, I wouldn't want someone who'd been passed around like a whore."

You stood there, speechless. What the fuck?

"Good. I'd hate for the Mayans to find out you were harassing the daughter of the Santo Padre charter's President."

He looked at you shocked, apparently not expecting to learn that you were tied more deeply to the Mayans than just being EZ's fiancée. He shook his head and walked away. Hopefully he wouldn't cause any problems, but you'd make sure you mentioned to your boss that he'd asked you out and made some derogatory remarks. Thankfully, the rest of the day went by without issue.

After work, you went to tell your dad the news.

"Papi, you're going to be a grandpa."

"Pequeña! That is amazing. Congratulations. You better take care of them, Prospect."

"With my life."

*******************************************

A month later, you were married. Seven months after that, you gave birth to a beautiful baby girl that you named Marisol Graciela Reyes.

Who would've guessed that having the shit beat out of you would've given you the best things in your life.