Chapter 10

Narrator POV

"Rise and shine ladies"

The sun shined, brightly, into the pink room as Catherine pulled back the fuchsia curtains letting the stinging light devour the room. All of the girls groaned as the felt their sleep being interrupted.

    "Up, Up, Up, there's a lot of work to be done." Catherine clapped into the air.

Kacie was the first to respond. "What the fuck, it's like the ass crack of dawn."

   Catherine clutched her pearls and tried to hold herself from falling backwards. Gasping she said "LANGUAGE young lady. A lady must not use such vulgar words"

Groaning and putting her covers over head to block out the sun "It is way too fucking early for this."

  "I will have no more of this foul language, come with me young lady" Catherine strutted up to Kacie's bed and pulled the covers over her body revealing a half naked Kacie. It had gotten hot in the middle of the night so she took her pants off in order to cool down

Shocked at what just happened, Kacie, sat up slightly "What the fuck?!"

Grabbing her wrist and began pulling an angry and confused Kacie out of her bed. Kacie fought and cursed so much that she practically placed a curse on Catherine. With her lips remaining pursed, Catherine didn't utter a word until she was halfway out the door with Kacie yelling and struggling at her side.

"Let this be your first lesson, I am very short tempered and will not tolerate any disrespect especially if you do something unlady like and swear. I want you all up, ready, and dressed by the time I come back"

With that Catherine huffed out the door, shutting the door behind her dragging, an unwilling, Kacie behind her.

A terrified Megan locked eyes with an emotionless Emma. The fear and confusion that came over Megan's body almost made her want to throw up.

  Emma seemed to gulp as she got out of her bed "I- I'm gonna start getting ready."

"Shouldn't we go do something, help her or something?" Megan's voice nearly cracked.

   "Young Ladies do not swear" Emma's back was turned to Megan, she held her shoulders back and walked like she held a fragile book on her head.

"Wha-"

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom, you should wake up Bryce before Catherine gets back or she might be next" with that, Emma slowly strutted out of the room into the bathroom. Her shoulders looked tense but Megan couldn't tell if it had affected her or not. Megan didn't wanna seem like she was overreacting but how could she not be afraid of what might be happening to Kacie right now. She had heard many stories about conversion camp and the abuse that went on but she never pictured she would be living in one. It's like she was seeing her nightmares play out in real life.

Megan sat there, scared to move after Emma walked out of the room. Her thoughts were cruel to her as it played out different scenarios of what Kacie could be going through. She looked over at the snoring girl a few inches away from her, she knew she had too wake her up so they both could get ready before Catherine came but the thought of stepping a foot of the bed was enough to make her almost throw up.

"Come on Megan, it's the first day, you'll be fine. Just get up. Just get up Megan." Megan thought to herself.

Against her anxiety's better judgment, Megan slowly got out of bed. Her curled toes touching the pink, fluffy, carpet making their way towards a sleeping Bryce.