Chapter 13

Megan's POV

   After, what felt like forever, of Catherine's endless rambling on about tight fitting clothes and modesty. We finally went outside for a "nature walk".

We walked behind the house and into what looked liked woods but after a few steps I stopped in front of this beautiful mural. It had a faded green background but somehow it looked so vibrant.

"She looks so peaceful." A voice noted from behind me.

I didn't have to turn around to know who it was, her voice was very distinct from the others. The goosebumps on my arms and butterflies in my stomach only reassured me that no one other than Bryce could've been behind me.

She was referring to the brown girl, laying down, in the mural. She was smiling as she slept peacefully while the colors in her dress bled into the background of the mural.

"Who do you think did it?" She stepped closer to me.

"Did what" I didn't dare to glance at her

"The art?"

"How would I know?"

"Ya know it's a little rude not to make eye contact with someone when they're talking to you." This time I could feel her step up right next to me. Our hands were centimeters away from eachother. Why did she have to stand so close?

"I'm admiring the painting." I said plainly

In one giant step she popped up, right in front of me "Why don't you like me?"

Because whenever I see you I wanna make out with you but your a sarcastic bitch. "Who said I don't like you."

"So do you" she smirked

"I don't even know you and weren't you the one literally bullying me over a wedding dress like 10 minutes ago." I rolled my eyes and started walking back on the path. Everyone had gone ahead of us, so it was just us two walking alone.

"Yes but only because I knew how pretty you'd look in it"

"Shut up." I shoved her playfully

"It's true" she laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh along as I felt my feet slow down and we started to stroll"Why didn't you try on the dress"

"I'm practically swoll bodied, I wouldn't even fit" she flexed her non existent muscles

"With those chicken noodle arms, I'm pretty sure you would."

"Uh-, wowwww" She put her hand over her heart and pretended to be hurt. "These noodle arms can do big things"

WHAT DID SHE SAYYYYYYY??

"Ladies! What is going on here?!"

We didn't even notice the group right in front of us or, the fuming, Catherine standing with her hand on her hips. My wide eyes were in visible shock from Bryce's comment and I couldn't form words.

"I'm teaching Megan about roots." Bryce still stared at me.

Everyone was watching us, I was looking forward, and she was staring at me. I really need her to NOT watch me right now.

"Mhm, and what exactly has she been telling you about root Ms. Díaz?" Catherine questioned

"Uh...Um" What the fuck is a root?