Chapter 2

Narrator POV

  "We're gonna crush the rangers" Megan walked up to her best friend and her boyfriend whispering to each other.

"Hey, uh-.. I gotta go but I'll see you later" Ryan spit out, just as Megan approached them.

Confused, Megan asked "Later? What's going on later?"

"Oh, uh- did I say later, I meant like at the game"

  Megan wasn't convinced but she decided not to push it any further.

   Grabbing her by her waist, Ryan pulled his girlfriend in close and placed a wet kiss on her lips. A wide eyed Megan kissed him back awkwardly.

Words could not describe how uncomfortable that kiss looked.

  Ryan, pulled away with a smile and headed to his next class while Megan wiped her lips and turned to face Alison.

   "Don't you hate it when they do that?" She sighed walking towards her locker.

"I like it" Alison shrugged

   "Well maybe he doesn't do right" Megan shrugged. Opening her locker she revealed 2 pictures of women, with toned bodies, in  bikinis on her door.

  Taking one of the taped pictures off,  "Why do you have pictures naked women in your locker?" Alison asked.

  "They're not naked!" Megan whisper yelled, yanking the picture out of her hands while looking to see if anyone heard her.

   "They're inspiration pictures, kinda like a Pinterest board but in real life. That's the type of body I wish I had, if I look at it, it motivates me to workout so that can be me."

     Megan sleek nor slender. She wasn't overweight or fat but her little pouch made it impossible for her to call herself skinny. Whether she actually had those pictures there for inspiration or other reasons...deep down she still wished she could look as beautiful as she thought the models were.

  Nodding as if she wasn't convinced, Alison followed up with "Hey are we still on for the sleepover tonight?"

   "Yea, it's gonna be so much fun" The caramel skinned girl grinned, turning away as the bell rang.

The red headed Alison, who still had the picture in her hand, placed the picture in her book bag and closed Megan's locker. Alison always thought it was kind of weird the way Megan would get so invested in cheerleading and the girls on the team. There would be times when Megan's hand would, ever so slightly, brush up against Alison's thigh causing Alison to feel butterflies in all the wrong places. Alison always played it off as, familiarity. When you've known someone for a long time you get comfortable with them and the different boundary lines get a little blurry, she would tell herself.

She didn't like Megan romantically, she was just so comfortable with her that-

A/n: Miss gurl, wtf are you talking about

I don't know, I just work here.

A/n: then you-

Can I get back to the story?

A/n: sure, go head

Thank you. Now where was I, you know what, fuck it. We're jumping ahead.

After school Alison went over to Megan's house for their pregame sleepover. Almost every game they've had, they used it as an excuse to sleepover at each other's houses and goof around.

Megan's mom was in the kitchen preparing her dad's after work snack when Megan and Alison came barging in. Megan headed straight upstairs, but Alison straggled behind as she popped her head into the kitchen giving Megan's mom an anxious look. They both stared at each other like they were exchanging words through their minds, words that only meant despair.