- Nightberry (2) -

[POV: Nobody]

Blue huffed out in desperation. He'd been trying to get out of the door for what seemed like years - though it had only been several minutes. The little skeleton wasn't very good on his own. It was definitely apparent when you looked at a version of him named 'Blueberror'. He'd spent a rather long time in the anti-void alone after trying to use his captor's fear of making new friends against him. His captor happened to be Error, the God of Destruction, who also happened to be someone who popped in the castle whenever and wherever he pleased. He was out now, a very weird fellow, but at least he was out and happy. He sometimes visits Error too. That's nice of him.

Whenever the destructive God saw Blue, he wasn't exactly very happy. Then again, Error seemed to have a very angry face all the time. Though Blue didn't feel any ill will towards him at all, even if he technically kidnapped him. Only a couple of days ago, the angry glitch actually gave Blue a bit of his chocolate. Well, it looked chewed and weird, but Blue decided that the intent was what mattered. 

"OH STARS, IT'S SO BORING..." Blue groaned as he gave up trying to get out of the door. Instead, he decided to pick at the food he'd been given a couple of hours ago. It was cold but it still tasted nice at least.

"That was the point..." A rather intimidating voice almost slurs. It didn't sound like they were drunk, no, it just sounded like that was how they talked. 

"OH! I WAS BEING WATCHED. ISN'T THAT A BIT CREEPY?" Blue turned around to the voice, grinning. Only, his grin slightly wavered when he saw who it was - but it soon shot up again.

"OH- HAHA! HI NIGHTMARE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE ON THIS FINE MORNING?!"

"It's night time,... Blue... is it?"

"HAHA VERY FUNNY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE ON THIS FINE NIGHT?"

Nightmare sighs impatiently, he was wondering when Blue was going to cry. Or anything really. He expected this piece of trash to at least feel scared. Well, he wasn't exactly trash, but hey, Nightmare has a reputation. Nightmare was perceived to be the most intimidating, most horrible, scariest being in the multiverse. He was the king of darkness, the king of negativity. He'd slaughtered billions. He was something to be afraid of.

Yet here he was, a Sans swapped with Undertale Papyrus. Being sarcastic. Being happy. Making jokes. Rubbish jokes, but jokes. Was this idiot serious? He supposed he'd never know.

With the confidence of the average cat (which was quite a lot as the average cat perceived himself or herself to be the best cat in the multiverse, of course, that is theoretically impossible since there are billions upon billions of cats in the multiverse but they can dream. Unless Nightmare is there to stop them of course, but he is quite fond of cats), Nightmare took several huge steps to Blue, standing right in front of him and eyeing him with an eye-light that had watched many monsters dust, many SOULS crumble. Blue looked into this eye-lights and smiled.

"HEY, WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?"

"What- no- I'm here to discuss something important with you-"

"HE DIDN'T, BECAUSE HE WAS SCARED. BUT YOU DID, SO YOU'RE NOT A CHICKEN HUH?"

"...How does this have anything to do with anything?"

Blue took a single step forward, so his chest was touching Nightmare's.

"HUH, IT APPEARS I'M NOT A CHICKEN EITHER HAHA."

A hint of what would be perceived as a 'blush' lighted up Nightmare's cheekbones. Only for a second. Before he promptly took a step back.

"NEVER MIND, YOU ARE A CHICKEN! WAS I TOO CLOSE OH GREAT AND TERRIBLY POWERFUL NIGHTMARE?" Blue grinned, his shoulders bouncing up and down, making it look like he was laughing silently.