- Shattered Dream x Blue -

*Give me ideas for a ship name for this because I have no clue (Shatteredberry can't really work since Shattered Blueberry already exists and it might be a bit weird lmfao)*

*Shattered Dream x Blue*

*Requested by: Dopplegangercat*

[POV: Nobody]

Shattered Dream. This name was widely feared in his own multiverse. The fallen hero; he was quite possibly more 'evil' than Nightmare when he was corrupted. Of course, this multiverse was not the original, because it would be impossible for 'Dream' to ever have been able to touch a dark apple, let alone eat it. If he did, it would only kill him - but alas, with the power of fanon, Shattered Dream is born. Born out of the ashes of 'Dream's' demise. 

Now that Nightmare was passive and their roles reversed, in a more literal way than any other possible 'role swap' AU that featured Nightmare and Dream, Shattered was bored.

He'd conquered the multiverse quite easily actually; now that positivity didn't exist, he and his brother were (supposed to be) quite 'happy'. Ironic. Well, positivity was there still of course. Only slightly. His dear, now passive, brother decided that he was going to be annoying and go against Shattered. After everything they'd gone through, everything Dream had done to make his brother happy. It was all for nothing. 

At first, Shattered had the same aspirations as Dream; to make Nightmare happy. Now, however, that novelty had worn off. Shattered was his own self - Dream gave up. He couldn't deal with it anymore. 

He couldn't deal with the fact that he lost himself to find someone who rejected him immediately.

I suppose that's what happens when you don't listen. Don't see the signs. Put others before your loved ones. He knew what he did wrong before he gave up, but now, Shattered was in control, he did not care at all. What was the point?

Shattered only really cared for one person.

And even then, it was mainly because they used to be so happy. They used to see the best in everyone. They used to try and help everyone. 

But now, that is gone. 

You couldn't tell if you weren't someone who could sense emotions, but to Shattered, and his original's brother, it was obvious. His smiles were slightly smaller than usual, he rarely smiled in the first place. Now, instead of seeing the best in everyone, they had a slightly pessimistic look at life. They gave people second chances and that's all. Anything more and you were dead. They do still try to help everyone, but it's only because they annoy him too much.

They weren't too big really, the changes, he still put on a show, so to speak. Just so that everyone else was happy. They did still care really.

And Shattered didn't want them too.

And when Shattered wanted something or didn't in this case, he would get it. He was very great at getting what he wanted. 

His original wanted his brother back, but Shattered wanted a skeleton named Blue.

If his original could get what he wanted back, abeit, for only a few months, then Shattered could too. The only problem being that 'Blue' would never actually care about Shattered. He'd want to try and help him, or he'd care about Dream, but Shattered, to 'Blue', was the new enemy. The new Nightmare.

Shattered was not going to be feared as the 'New Nightmare'. He was going to be much better than his original's brother's corrupted counterpart.

If Shattered had a guess, if Nightmare ever wanted someone, for whatever reason, he'd probably kidnap them. Or just ask them to come. There was a big chance that who he wanted would be crazy, and crazy people like staying with other crazy people. They'd probably agree.