- Drinkberry NEW VER -

* The first Drinkberry oneshot wasn't what I wanted it to be, but it was still fun to right. I might finish it, but I needed angst first so goodbye crack.

"You not having a SOUL doesn't change anything." Dream said lovingly. They attempted to soothe the other with their positive aura, but it seemed Ink hadn't taken his Yellow Vial in a while. Dream's aura only worked when he did. Dream frowned and turned Ink's head to look at his. 

"Why are you avoiding us, me, Blue, and your happiness?"

Ink stared into the positive guardian's eyelights, long enough to make the other slightly nervous and self-conscious. This was hard to achieve since Dream had 'never' had a reason to feel self-conscious. They were 'perfect'. 

Ink's eyelights changed from a green square and a blue circle to a cyan tear and a dark blue triangle.

Dream sighed, releasing his sudden grip on Ink's shoulders. "It's okay. You don't have to talk right now." They reached over, taking a pen and scribbling on Ink's scarf in a cursive print. 

'Tell Dream and Blue what they want to know, please, love.'

"There." Dream said triumphantly, since trying to write on Ink's scarf was harder than it appeared, more so to make it readable.

"Come to us when you want to. Okay?" Dream asked, almost skipping away. They hung at the door. "Nod to me, Ink, please."

Ink nodded once, his left eyelight turning into an orange rectangle. He muttered something about 'AUs' and promptly swung his paintbrush and slapped some ink on the ground. Before Dream could say anything, he was gone.

The yellow guardian sighed again. They were completely unable to feel any Hate towards anyone, and certainly not someone they loved so much, but sometimes they wondered if they would Hate Ink a tiny bit sometimes. 

"Dream, did you..." Blue beamed, his eyelights in the shapes of bright blue stars. However, his cheerful mood didn't last for long. The look on Dream's face and the obvious sign of Ink portaling away was enough to tell him Ink had yet again decided to not tell them. His smile dimmed, but Dream's frown afterwards made him run to them.

"Awe, I'm sorry." Blue said awkwardly. 

"No, no, no... it's fine, really. It's not your fault you have normal emotions."

"Never apologise for that."

Dream smiled then, stroking Blue's jaw before they too portalled away. Probably to some positive AU. 

"Tacos." Blue grumbled, shifting out of the room awkwardly to the kitchen. 

If he stayed too long to think about what had happened and make his own interpretation, he was partly afraid he might cry. 

Maybe he was.

------------------------------------------------------

[501 Words ] LOL

* Also, sidenote, this oneshot contains my own headcanons:

- Dream using they/them pronouns. (Idk if this is canon or not?)

- Dream's aura not working on Ink if he hasn't taken the Yellow Vial.

- Blue feeling pressured to be a good source of positivity for his 'friend'. It's not always there, but sometimes it's in the back of his mind.

* More headcanons may appear in later chapters.