ii : partner

(a/n: sometimes i'm ashamed of myself when i think about how i would literally do anything for hisoka but he's just so attractive. this chapter isn't my favorite but besides that i hope you enjoy <3)

━━━━━ ♡♤♧♢ ━━━━━

You put on a fitting red dress and some simple jewelery. Might as well keep it classy, right? While outside, you continued to check your phone periodically, waiting to see if he made a change of plans.

Looks like you got here earlier than him.. If he stood you up, you were going to rip his guts out. You felt like an idiot waiting outside for him to show up.

Considering he was the one who asked for this date, you at least expected him to meet you on time. Some time passed and the cold air started getting to you.

At last he pulled up and stepped out of an expensive looking car in a nice outfit.

Seeing him after that dream last night was.. strange. You suddenly felt very conscious of your neck. Your one-way awkwardness caused you to keep your gaze on him for a few seconds too long. Every second it was harder not to swoon over him.

"My mistake for being late, my love. I didn't think traffic would be so messy today."

"Whatever. If you were any later I would've left." You said, remembering how long you had to wait out in the cold.

"I suppose we both don't like having to wait." He said before running his tongue over his bottom lip.

He put his hand on your cheek and stared at you gently with his golden eyes. An unexpected anxious feeling began to spread over your body.
You broke contact with him and walked towards his car. He opened the door for the back seats, revealing a driver in the front that had probably witnessed the uncomfortable ordeal that took place. You bent over to get in and Hisoka said to you, "That dress looks wonderful on you. Did you wear it for me?"

You scoffed, "Of course not." He put his hand on your shoulder and brought his lips near your ear.

"Then who'd you wear it for? It doesn't look very comfortable, my love." Your breath became shaky.
"Red looks wonderful against your skin." He continued to tease. You could feel the heat in your face spreading all the way to your ears so you chose not to reply, rolling your eyes as a response instead.

He got a reservation at an elegant restaurant, a lot nicer than what you imagined. You hoped he wasn't expecting you to pay, considering you only brought a little money. You sat down, he looked perfectly content not starting conversation.

He narrowed his eyes, observing you like he was trying to figure something out.
"Just ask me whatever's on your mind instead of staring at me like I'm your prey..." You thought.

The tension seemed to get thicker but it seemed like you were the only one affected. The waiter came around and you both ordered your drinks still not saying a word to each other.
The awkwardness and boredom was getting to you. You wondered what your next bet would be for each other. Hopefully it would end in something more exciting than this.

"You wanted to know if I killed.. remind me of his name?" He cut the silence and gained your attention back with that question.

"Rayjo."

"Right.. I did; And I'll kill his cousin too just to play with your temper." He said while feigning a warm smile.

"If you hurt him or even think about killing him for another second I promise I'll hunt you down across the world until you're dead."

"Sounds scary, (y/n)." His eyes practically rolled to the back of his head at the thought.

"You best believe I'm not fucking around with you, Hisoka." You snarled but held yourself back as the waitress came around again, interrupting your threats. Your mind felt like it was spinning. His every word and move threw you in a loop. Unpredictable in his actions, like he was purposefully aiming to get reactions from you.